Ready for a new career?
WeatherStrong is part the Kaycan Group of Companies, a world leading manufacturer and distributor of vinyl, aluminum and wood siding and related building products. To reinforce our growth, we are currently seeking a Line Mechanic / Technician. Reporting directly to the Maintenance manager, you will be responsible to repair, install, adjust or maintain production and processing machinery.
Shift : 12 hour shift - Continental (3-2-2-3) - Rotates every 2 weeks
- Direct manufacturing equipment support and maintenance.
- Complete productivity improvements as required.
- Service, maintain, repair, install and test equipment in accordance to current machine specifications.
- Provide high level mechanical/technical support to production equipment and collaborate with other technical teams.
- Communicate with suppliers and contractors on a technical level when required for the purpose of troubleshooting defective equipment.
- Perform PM inspections and programs as required.
- Follow Maintenance Manager and Supervisor direction and have the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Complete repairs and rebuilds to production line machinery and or equipment.
- Fabricate as required for continuous improvement initiatives
- Adhere to all applicable company policies and procedures, including quality and health and safety.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The ability to operate a lathe for the purpose of roll grinding and fabrication.
- The ability to operate a welder, plasma cutters and torches for the purpose of maintenance or fabrication.
- Be familiar with basic plumbing, electrical and hydraulic maintenance and repairs and be able to assist outside service and support personnel in their areas of expertise.
- Certificate or equivalent in appropriate trades
- 3 years experience as a Line Mechanic in a manufacturing environment
- Familiar with a multi meter, a variety of beam sensors, pneumatic powered pumps and rotary screw compressors
- Ability to measure with caliper and micrometer, interpret electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic schematics
- Capacity to conform to company safety requirements as hearing, vision & foot gear are mandatory and focus in a noisy environment
- Ability to create a preventative maintenance schedule for equipment.
- Ability to make program changes to optimize machine functionality
- PC computing skills for the purpose of software applications used in the development of fabrication and performance efficiency initiatives would be an asset.
WeatherStrong is committed to creating a diverse environment and takes pride in being an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, WeatherStrong will provide reasonable accommodations for disabilities to promote candidate participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match