JOB TITLE: Clinical Care Coordinator - Referral Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director, Operations & Client Experience or Client Services Team Lead
DEPARTMENT: Clients Services
LOCATION: 808 Nelson Street, Vancouver, BC
STATUS: Temporary Part-Time 0.40 FTE (Mat Leave Replacement)
The Referral Coordinator is responsible for assisting the medical and professional staff in managing all outgoing referrals – through the public and private system, including creating and maintaining referral reference guides and current wait times of specialist clinics. This involves scheduling appointments, arranging for specialist consultations, preparing clients for tests and examinations, updating medical records, referral panel and contacting clients to remind them of required tests, examinations, specialist appointments, following up on all referrals and keeping all clients up to date with referral progress. This position will also involve participating in the company’s health plan programs, and promoting timely private referral options when appropriate to client’s needs. This position will also provide support for general office administrative functions including medical records management, opening the clinic, being conscious of maintaining a clean office environment, being a true team player through other employee illness/holiday time.
It will be important for the company to develop strong relationships with other health providers in the community including general practitioner and specialist. To this end, the Referral Coordinator will work together with support staff in various physician and professional offices to build one on one relationships that facilitate ongoing communication and cross referrals, including maintaining a cheerful and professional attitude while talking with other specialist offices and clinics.
Definition: we are accountable to our clients our stakeholders, and each other.
The Referral Coordinator is accountable and responsible for all areas related to Client Services - Referrals. Further explanation of the role being described. The major areas of the role are:
- Respect individuals and their rights regardless of race, religious beliefs, color, gender, physical and / or mental disability, marital status, family status, economic status, education level, age, ancestry or sexual orientation;
- Allocates time & attention, based on what is most important to achieve key goals and objectives;
- Effectively organizes and balances tasks and priorities to keep multiple projects on track;
- Manage client/patient charts for accuracy and completeness ensuring patient files are complete for that day’s appointments, and referral status is up to date/current;
- Remain up to date on emails, referrals and charting on a daily basis;
- Manage eReferral, profile referrals and EZReferral in a professional and timely manner;
- Maintain services levels to promote and meet our guarantees;
- Ensure that you are at work on time and ready to begin your position daily based on the agreed upon hours of service;
- Other duties as assigned.
Definition: we operate at the forefront of medical services and drive change that unlocks new value.
- Maintains a constant focus on efforts to improve performance, quality, and efficiency of work processes;
- Provide feedback to your manager on Centre operations and ideas for improvement;
- Other duties as required.
Definition: we work together for the benefit of our clients.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with clients, staff, suppliers and other healthcare providers in the community;
- Develop and maintain good rapport with specialist offices and private clinics;
- Apply the Copeman Healthcare Centre’s systems and processes for patient follow-up and relationship building, including tasking self, physicians, and other staff to keep all referrals current;
- Notify all appropriate parties of changes to appointments and any changes to the schedule and handle client calls with respect to lateness for appointments seeking guidance from affected staff;
- Assist with follow up and thank you notes to our clients and doctors.
Definition: our strength is our people, we foster the development and success of our team.
- Makes confident, timely, fact-based decisions drawing on a broad range of resources. Acts on decisions with a sense of calculated risk-taking;
- Ensures other understand the decision before moving forward.
Definition: we pursue excellence in everything we do and seek to deliver the highest standards of medicine.
- Uses formal and informal tools and techniques to achieve operational excellence;
- Ensure accuracy of all communication with co-workers, suppliers and doctor’s offices and clients.
Definition: we deliver on the needs of our clients.
- Ensure clients receive timely and accurate appointment and specialist appointment information and follow the company’s pricing structure;
- Become familiar with local specialists, their up to date wait times and services, staff and multiple locations of those specialists, all of our products and services by reviewing product literature, observation, taking notes and asking questions;
- Ensure that in the booking of appointments that proper balance is maintained between client preferences and efficiency of the operation, including consulting with client and physicians for the most appropriate appointments/specialists for each client’s need.
- Minimum of one year of medical office experience preferably in a private – entrepreneurial environment;
- Minimum two years of healthcare experience and proficient medical terminology skills;
- Basic knowledge of Word and Excel, although more extensive computer knowledge is an asset as well as a minimum 45 words per minute typing speed;
- Exceptional organizational and customer service skills;
- A team player capable of interacting professionally with staff and physicians with a positive attitude;
- Ability to handle and communicate effectively with challenging clients;
- Remains level-headed in stressful/confrontational situations.
- You will be required to work in a multi-disciplinary clinical setting. Typically you would work office hours however; some flexibility may be required to accommodate service requirements for the operation.
- You will be working in an office environment, which may require extended periods of time completing computer related work. You will work an eight hour day with an additional minimum of half hour for lunch.
If you are interested in our open position please submit your resume on our webiste at www.copemanhealthcare.com, under about us - careers.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
- healthcare: 2 years (Preferred)
- medical office assitant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)