NVD is seeking individuals who like to get paid to work out! We currently have openings in our housekeeping department where you could be cleaning rooms, doing laundry, or conversing with guests while making our public areas sparkle! These positions require a lot of movement, running up and down stairs and carrying what we consider housekeeping weights (linen and terry). If you are looking for a healthy lifestyle then this position may be for you.
Come join our team and build up a rapport with our largest team of employees within our hotels. Have fun chatting while you work hard and make new friends. The specific job details are as follows:
- Address customers' complaints or concerns;
- Wash windows, walls and ceilings;
- Vacuum carpeting, area rugs, draperies and upholstered furniture;
- Stock linen closet;
- Pick up debris and empty trash containers;
- Handle and report lost and found items;
- Dust furniture;
- Distribute clean towels and toiletries;
- Attend to guests' requests for extra supplies or other items;
- Make beds and change sheets;
- Provide basic information on facilities;
- Sweep, mop, wash and polish floors
- Maintain a safe working environment according to OHS regulations, that would protect both the employee and coworkers.
- Able to communicate well in working English
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow directions, perform tasks with attention to detail, speed accuracy, and follow-through.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to work well as part of a team, Set up and organize workstation with designated supplies and equipment.
- Must obtain a criminal record check within one month of hire.
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs. throughout the day. bend, stoop
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
Must be able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs. throughout the day. bend, stoop
This position comes with a Comprehensive benefit package, staff discounts with affiliated brand hotels across North America, and discounted staff meals. English tutor classes (on-site during working hours) will be provided after a 3 month period.
NVD is proud to have a diverse and wide range of cultures and people. And while we don't always agree, we always respect each other. Did you know that men apply for jobs when they only have 60% of the qualifications, while women and other underrepresented groups are reluctant to reply to a posting unless they believe they have 100% of what is requested? They say everything you want is on the other side of fear and you have nothing to lose by reaching out to us and applying or asking questions. Let's have a chat and get to know each other to see if we are a match for your career.
Please no phone calls. Only selected applicants will be contacted.