On behalf of our client CancerCare Manitoba Foundation, we are currently searching for an Accountant to join their team in Winnipeg, Manitoba. CancerCare Manitoba Foundation is the only charity that exclusively fundraises for CancerCare Manitoba. They are proud to support CancerCare Manitoba’s internationally-recognized team of health professionals as they provide outstanding quality care for all Manitobans and their families living with cancer.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, the Accountant will conduct accounting activities such as preparation and input of journal entries, accounts payable/receivable, donation reconciliations, financial analysis, month end reporting and budget planning. The Accountant will also manage regulatory tax filing, monitor cash flow and manage the coordination and preparation of external audits.
- Working with departments to ensure execution of day-to-day accounting activities including maintaining accounts receivable and accounts payable, recording vendor invoices, preparing cheques for signature and recording bank deposits
- Distributing financial reports to departments monthly and providing special reports as requested to departments
- Preparing and recording journal entries including depreciation expense, investment income, prepaid expenses and deferred revenue
- Preparing monthly reconciliations including payroll
- Preparing monthly financial statements as well as fulfilling other month-end and quarter-end reporting requirements including, but not limited to, specific reporting relating to the operating account, endowment funds and the investment portfolios
- Coordinating and preparing required schedules and working papers for the external audit
- Participating in budgeting activities including preparing historical analysis, forecasting and variance analysis
- Performing ad hoc analysis and assisting in process improvement projects as needed
- Working cross functionally to ensure complete and accurate input of revenue and expenses
- Ensuring ongoing communication with the Finance team and department heads
- Maintaining appropriate records in accordance with Canadian generally accepted accounting principles
Skills & Qualifications:
- CPA designation with 3 to 5 years accounting experience in a non-profit environment
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and time management skills
- Enjoy working as a part of a team as well as independently, adapt to change, and multi-task
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment under pressure with tight deadlines
- Expert knowledge of QuickBooks or similar accounting package
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency with databases
- Strong ability to adapt to and quickly learn new software
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please forward your resume to Kamalita.Ketler@mnp.ca
or call 204.336.6107.