Love the science behind clickbait... but loathe actual clickbait? Want to elevate the click-game by intriguing digital marketers with a social post that actually drives to a really good page, post or video that closes the curiosity loop (instead of irritating people, like clickbait does)? Still love reading and promoting good ol' fashioned blogs... but down to supplement written content with fab videos and more?
Basically: Ready to put your content love to great use?
Then you should join the Copyhackers team as our new Online Content Lead. This is a role for a mid-level online content creator, marketer or strategist who gets that social media, online content and community- or tribe-building all comes back to this: offering badass value to your audience. You'll work with a core team of online marketers focused on delivering incredible value on repeat.
Sound intriguing? Cool - now how's this sound? It's your average workweek:
- Iterating on our online content strategy
- Working with our video guru to get a new video up on YouTube
- Working with our Online Product Marketing Managers to develop and/or optimize content for lead-generation and middle of funnel
- Iterating on CTAs, descriptions, thumbnails for past YouTube videos
- Developing ideas for Facebook lives and pitching them to the team
- Turning existing content into Instagram-ready content
- Filling our Buffer with tweets and other social posts, and optimizing them
- Planning upcoming Tutorial Tuesdays, including scheduling guests
- Very lightly editing tutorials and private training session recordings, and uploading them to the appropriate online space
- Managing external partner relationships and pitching ebooks, webinars, etc to partners (in keeping with strategies created by our Online Product Marketing Managers)
- Shortlisting articles pitched by external guest bloggers
- Coordinating team members and external vendors to get assets created for social and copyhackers.com content
- Measuring what's working and what's not, and making new plans to focus on creating and promoting content that works
To achieve Total Badass Status in this role, you will bring:
- Strong attention to detail
- Great writing skills
- Love for teams and collaboration... with a healthy dose of "i got this - just leave me to it and i'll show you something cool in a week"
- Love for online content - you spend an unhealthy amount of time on YouTube, for example
- A tendency toward seeking, creating and appreciating friendly, smart, sometimes witty creative
- A big ol' interest in copywriting, copywriters, startups and conversion rate optimization
- A hunger to meet content where it's at but take it to another level
- Friendliness : )
- At least 3 years' experience in a content creation, management or strategist role
- A bachelor's degree
By applying for this role, you're saying yes to joining a fast-growing online content and training business dedicated to helping a world of digital marketers and copywriters get really, really, really good at writing copy that gets the yes. You do not have to be a copywriter.
This position is in Edmonton, Alberta, with no possibility of remote work.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- marketing: 3 years (Preferred)
- content creation: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)