Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With over 69,000 associates, the company operates more than 320 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 650,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2019 that ended June 29, 2019, the company generated sales of more than $60 billion.
Sysco, one of Canada’s Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Join our winning team.
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
This role is responsible for managing all activities on the night shift with the primary responsibility of managing the selection function utilizing engineered labour standards and ensuring accuracy of all orders picked and on time departures.
Support warehouse team members with technology systems (Motorola RF scanners, Zebra printers, tablets and CANVAS)
Provide ongoing coaching, training and encouragement to all associates and support in meeting productivity goals (Engineered Labour Standards)
Conduct Material Handling Training for associates
Ensure safety compliance in accordance with all company safety programs and industry regulations/legislation.
Complete daily proactive safety measures warehouse inspections, coach cards, observations and facility audits
Prepare work schedules including vacations schedules
Distribute, analyze and work with team members on incentive program
Monitor and improve overall productivity
Support and comply with all company policies and procedures
Manage all aspects of selection, replenishment, assembly of products and loading in a timely manner
Generate/analyze productivity reports
Manage/Identify barriers that cause indirect time
Record indirect (work delays) in SWMS (warehouse management system)
Assist Warehouse Manager in preparation of annual warehouse budget and monitor budget on a weekly basis
Develop and implement cost reduction action plans
Accountable for the accuracy of timecards, approvals and scheduling of direct reports
- If applicable, understand and interpret the CBA, participate in grievance, mediation, arbitration procedures at unionized facilities
- Responsible for compliance with all Policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) comprising Sysco’s Food Safety Program, specific for the assigned role.
- Assist Food Safety Program Manager in ensuring compliance to Sysco’s Food Safety Program that leads to compliance with third party certification and customer requirements.
- Understands that their role is critical in creating a safe organization with minimal environmental impact and the value that brings to the organization.
- Is willing to drive Environmental, Health and Safety performance by acting as an example and holding their team accountable to complying with EHS programs, policies, and requirements.
- Enable, champion and embrace an inclusive culture
- Develop and support high performing talent through hiring, scheduling, performance coaching, and career management practices
- Facilitate establishment of clear performance goals; Ensure that performance goals adapt to changing business demands; Identify and manage non-performers in a fair and timely way; Identify and reward top performance; links pay and performance through base, incentive, and recognition programs
- Present oneself in a manner that demonstrates executive maturity, professionalism, trust, confidence, and integrity.
- Communicates broadly and frequently the company's vision, direction, goals, performance against plan, changes, and expectations through participation in department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and informal conversations with associates
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum 2 years’ experience in Logistics/Warehouse role
Preferred 5 Years’ experience in Logistics/Warehouse role
- Preferred warehouse supervisory experience
High School Diploma required
Knowledge of systems would be considered an asset:
- Diploma or Degree in Logistics and or Operations preferred
SWMS, ADP, Synetellic, CANVAS, Intelex, labour standard system
- Basic proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now. External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Integrity | Excellence | Teamwork | Inclusiveness | Responsibility
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Company Pension Plan • Group RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance • Stock Purchase Plan • Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University • Sysco product discounts • Preferred vendor discounts • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events • (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)