ArcelorMittal is the world's leading steel and mining company with a presence in more than 60 countries. Through its core values of Sustainability, Quality, Construction, Household appliances and Packaging with world-class research & development and outstanding distribution networks. We are currently in need of an experienced Millwright for our Maintenance Department in Brampton Holtby Facility.
· The Millwright is responsible for performing a wide variety of maintenance work such as installing, maintaining, troubleshooting Steel rolling tube mills and related equipment.
· The Millwright is responsible to ensure that repairs follow Quality Procedures and Occupational Health & Safety Act and Industry Guidelines.
· Millwrights use a variety of hand tools, such as hammers and levels, as well as equipment for welding, brazing, and cutting. They also use measuring tools, such as micrometers, measuring tapes, lasers, and other precision-measuring devices.
· They commonly use cranes and lift trucks, hoists, winches, cranes, and other equipment to bring the parts to the desired location.
Duties and responsibilities
· To carry out mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and welding repairs or installations and required troubleshooting for which a Journeyman Millwright has been trained through the apprenticeship program or specialized training.
· Ensure that all tasks are carried out as expeditiously as possible while maintaining quality standards as defined by known Quality Procedures and Occupational Health & Safety Act and Industry Guidelines.
· Responsible for the execution and the recording of all assigned tasks within the Maintenance Management System, this includes documenting all history and required follow-up findings to assigned tasks.
· Provide subject matter expert advice and support.
· Work in accordance to the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
· Promote, develop and enforce safe working practices.
· May be required to take apart machines for re-location which involves carefully disassembling, categorizing, and packaging each part of the machine.
· Completion of High School;
· Applicants will be required to possess or obtain:
I. Lift Truck Certification
II. Overhead Crane Certification
III. Aerial Platform Certification
IV. Working at Heights Certification
· Champion of safety, familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and applicable Regulations;
· Understand the current “Collective Bargaining Agreement”
Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
Ability to perform physical tasks that require climbing, lifting, pushing and pulling in varying climates and environment conditions.
Due to high volume, we thank all applicants for their interest, but regret that only qualified candidates will be granted interviews. We are an equal opportunity employer. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection process, please contact Human Resources.
Job Type: Full-time