Who we are
Staples Canada is on journey to become the Working and Learning Company. We are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. At Staples, we inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day. We look for people who are curious, approachable and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
If that’s you, let’s work, learn and grow together.
Some of what you will do
As the Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist, you bring alive the promise of work, learn, grow for our customers by selecting & hiring high calibre talent and promoting and strengthening our employer brand in the job market. You will be responsible for the full life cycle recruiting process and supporting all areas of the business including Retail Management, Corporate, and closed-door facilities positions. You will also actively be involved in projects and activities including attending career fairs, planning hiring days and working with external vendors. With each day will being fast-paced, challenging, rewarding and meaningful, you will be inspired to bring your best, every day.
Specifically, you will:
- Building and managing talent pipelines for active and new positions
- Recruit for Sr. level positions for Retail, Corporate, and closed-door lines of business
- Collaborate with hiring managers on needs analysis, sourcing strategies, interviewing process and selection. Consult with and advise leaders about candidate viability and potential risks.
- Partner with HR business partners to discuss industry trends, prospective candidates, and salary recommendations.
- Develop a strategic sourcing plan to increase applicant pool, accessing industry and market best practices. Use a variety of sourcing techniques and innovative methods and solutions to identify and attract high quality active and passive candidates.
- Conduct interviews in a professional, confidential manner and in accordance with federal and provincial laws. Champion the employer brand and promote Staples culture and value propositions.
- Partner with Sr. Manager Talent Acquisition to manage third party relationships (i.e. job boards, recruitment agencies) to ensure appropriate service standards are being delivered.
- Monitor and analyse recruitment metrics and make recommendations surrounding recruitment process improvements and best practices.
- Organize, plan, and coordinate participation in Information Sessions and Career Fairs to further build awareness surrounding Staples opportunities. Assess the return on our investment and make recommendations to the Sr. Manager Talent Acquisition for future sessions
- For Corporate, act as primary contact for new grad initiatives. This would include relationship-building with schools, coordination and attendance of associated career fairs, creating and implementing plans to further build Staples brand on campus through various initiatives.
Some of what you need
- 3-5 years previous progressive HR experience required including talent acquisition. Experience in filling senior level retail or corporate roles is an asset.
- Retail industry and corporate recruitment experience is an asset.
- University Degree/Post-Secondary Education required or related experience preferred
- Knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems, Internet sourcing methods and PeopleSoft (HRIS) would be considered an asset.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Ability to counsel, coach and provide feedback to hiring Managers across levels on interviewing, hiring practices and procedures.
- Ability to build and manage relationships with internal stakeholders, partners and vendors.
- Experience with managing multiple projects/requisitions simultaneously, and balancing numerous priorities within a fast-paced environment.
- Solutions finder
Some of what you will get
- Associate discount
- Health and Dental benefits
- Performance bonuses
- Learning & Development programs
- And more...
- Office Environment
- Ability to travel when required for role.
- Contract till February 2021
Staples is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants’ needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Staples Canada is committed to the principle of equity in employment. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities & Aboriginal People.