Job title :
CLINICAL INFORMATICS ANALYST I
PROJECT POSITION FULL TIME
The Clinical Informatics Analyst I maintains and supports information systems which support clinical and health information needs throughout Interior Health in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards. As well, provides user support and training to regional users of software applications.
As part of a skilled and dynamic team providing innovative software and technology solutions, your work will help our community programs achieve their goal to support the care needs of our clients in their homes and reduce the pressures on our Interior Health Acute Facilities.
This is a project full time position until March 29, 2020. The position is scheduled to work Monday to Friday, 08:00 to 16:00, based out of Kelowna.
Some typical duties and responsibilities for this position are:
- Modifies existing application programs by reviewing specifications, coding program changes and making adjustments.
- Gathers information from users to use in designing forms and preparing data flowcharts from existing applications according to established procedures and guidelines.
- Working closely with the senior analyst, team leader, or manager communicates with users to gather information about current system uses. Provides input about new system requirements and implementation processes to the senior analyst.
- In collaboration with the senior analyst, team leader, or manager, support the implementation of system changes and provides user support related to clinical and health information software.
- Assists the senior analyst, team leader, or manager in developing educational training requirements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. As a member of the Interior Health (IH) team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work while maintaining a balanced lifestyle. Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Come and join our team….Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
Grade 12, graduation from a recognized degree or diploma program in computer programming or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to organize work.
Ability to deal with others effectively.
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Ability to operate related equipment.
Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.