We are seeking an Integration Engineer who will develop, integrate and test data solutions for Doble digital data platforms such as dobleARMS, InsideView and DTAWeb. This individual will need to become familiar with the range of Doble’s digital data solutions and provide integration support to customers for their existing data systems with Doble products. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge OSIsoft PI, Micrsoft Azure, dobleARMS, DTAWeb, Doble PowerBase, InsideView andy data warehousing. Candidate will also work with interfacing various utility measurement system and data centers over protocols such as IEC61850, DNP3 and Modbus. Strong collaborative skills are necessary to work with customers to ascertain existing data systems, cleanliness and data integration. This position will interface with key stakeholders to include experts, marketing, sales, IT and Datacenter. This role will be based in our Montreal-CA office reporting to Directeur d’unité d’affaire, développement de logiciels/Business Unit Director, Software Development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Gather and process raw data at scale (including writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, write SQL queries, manage PI data etc.).
- Devise and deploy the core automated processes that pre-process, clean and present the required data for further processing.
- Work closely with our field sales, marketing, and industry technical consultants to configure data aggregation for InsideView, dobleARMS, DTAWeb and Powerbase.
- Process unstructured data into a form suitable for integration
- Work with our customers to develop data exchange technologies
- Providing onsite support to customers from project concept, scoping to final delivery
Education: B.S. (Masters’ preferred) in Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Information Technology or any other technology related field. An equivalent of this educational requirement in working experience is also acceptable
- Programming experience in backend and frontend applications.
- Programming skills in language such as C#, C++, Java
- Expert level skills in one or more scripting languages such as TCL, Python and Perl.
- MS SQL Server infrastructure and SQL Language
- Able to deploy Windows environment and subsystems: IIS, SSL, Scripting
- Security related infrastructure
- OSISoft PI infrastructure
- Ability to quickly prototype new concepts and ideas
- Ability to express ideas clearly in written and oral communications.
- Team communication and collaboration experience
- Available to travel (5 to 6 times per year)
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE (Not Required):
- REST Web Services
- Understanding for different framework: JQuery, NHibernate Entity Framework or other ORM
- Experience in system integration with SCADA and industrial protocols (DNP3)
- Microsoft Azure
- Experience working in an agile engineering environment.
- Experience Linux and Windows applications
- Experience working with Atlassian Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket products
- Communication skills that interweave presentation skills with the problem solving process.
- Well-developed technical writing skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)