Superior Propane is seeking a high energy, highly motivated, self-driven and disciplined Market Manager in Terrace, BC. Reporting to the General Manager / Pacific Region, a unique opportunity exists for an experienced operation, customer focused individual to ensure superior customer service, and retention for the geographical area assigned. The Market Manager has financial accountability for this market area and is responsible for engaging employees in their daily work performance, supporting growth, succession planning and ensuring safety compliance. Maintaining customer service commitments requires exceptional delivery of propane, propane equipment and field service through leading a workforce of front-line field staff and collaborating with our logistics, fleet, and sales support teams.
The incumbent will maintain positive customer relationships and support Indigenous peoples and First Nation communities’ participation in the economy. The Market Manager will develop a rapport with potential clients and agencies through leveraging networks and strategic engagement approaches for first nations, contractors and industrial customers.
- Champion customer service and retention;
- Develop and foster positive customer and service-partner relationships;
- Promote and enforce exceptional customer service and maintain a culture of continuous improvement and excellence within the Superior Propane team;
- Lead customer retention initiatives and engage our customers directly to gain their feedback on Superior Propane service levels;
- Ensure the effective delivery of product, equipment and service to customers;
- Collaborate with the Customer Experience Centre to oversee daily operations and liaise on staff scheduling, performance and safety concerns;
- Improve service efficiency by eliminating redundancies and extraneous processes and consistently utilize and enforce established processes and procedures;
- Lead, mentor, coach and develop a team of drivers and service technicians by providing clear direction, guidance and support to achieve the overall business strategy and objectives;
- Conduct regular communication meetings providing leadership and direction to your team;
- Promote and ensure compliance in safety, training, licensing and regulatory requirements by conducting safety reviews;
- Collaborate with the recruiting team to leverage local relationships and networks to meet our hiring requirements;
- Manage and deliver on operational P&L results with an emphasis on labor expenses and cost savings through operational efficiencies;
- Travel to various locations within the assigned geographic area.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
- Project management certificate would be an asset;
- Good understanding of transportation and distribution, as well as technical competence is required;
- Working knowledge of propane would be an asset;
- Ability to lead and manage change, and to coach and mentor performance development
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships;
- Highly effective teamwork skills;
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and the ability to present information to a variety of audiences;
- Excellent analytical, decision making and problem solving skills;
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs;
- Valid driver’s license, a clean driver’s abstract and the ability to meet travel requirements.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a field operations role with a customer service focus, with at least 3 years in a supervisory / management capacity;
- Experienced in working in a centralized shared service business model;
- Previous experience in the propane industry is an asset;
- Previous customer retention / account management experience with a record of accomplishment of providing exceptional customer service;
- Strong business acumen with a good financial understanding and previous P&L accountability;
- Excellent collaborations and interpersonal skills;
- Previous experience working with Indigenous organizations and/or communities is an asset;
- Experience with Indigenous engagement, including building and maintain relationships;
- Proven experience in developing and delivering presentations to customers, prospects and company leadership.
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervising: 3 years (Preferred)
- Field Operations: 5 years (Preferred)