Reporting to the Staffing Supervisor, and receiving day-to-day work direction from the designated area(s) Staff Scheduling Coordinator, the position performs staffing and clerical duties for Providence Health Care’s centralized Staff Scheduling Office such as allocating and calling relief nursing and/or allied health staff, including daily staffing requests according to contractual requirements, staff availability and determined priority, utilizing computerized staffing systems. Performs related clerical functions. In addition, the position processes requests for vacation and/or leaves of absences and compiles statistical data for reporting purposes.
We are looking for candidates who have availability to work up to 3-4 shifts per week, 7 days a week!
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Ability to deal with others effectively. Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position. Ability to organize work. Ability to operate related equipment and software.
Grade 12, plus three years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Receives multiple requests for relief coverage from various nursing units and/or Scheduling Intake Clerks utilizing computerized staffing systems, determines applicable action, priority and availability of existing staff according to established guidelines.
- Allocates staff based on employee skill set, unit needs and independent judgment and calls in relief staff to fill vacancies resulting from unfilled positions, vacations, leaves of absences and sick leaves in accordance with applicable collective agreements and inputs into computerized staffing systems; consults with designated area(s) Staff Scheduling Coordinator and/or Staffing Supervisor when requests exceed needs identified.
- Receives and processes approved requests such as vacation, leaves of absence and terminations by preparing appropriate documentation, making necessary calculations such as vacation and seniority entitlements, forwarding documentation to designated staff for review and approval and sending to applicable area for final processing.
- Produces and edits timekeeping records for nursing staff and submits to payroll; liaises with payroll re employee inquiries and makes adjustments as required; answers employee inquiries regarding scheduling.
- Maintains computerized records on relief staff such as names, addresses, phone numbers, availability for work, suitable work area and hours worked.
- Collects and compiles workload statistics and reporting information, such as staff requirement, hours not filled and number of casual relief shifts required, utilizing computerized systems.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties such as answering telephone, accessing and responding to computerized messages, scheduling meetings and maintaining related files.
- Acts as an active member of the Staff Scheduling Team by participating in department meetings, and providing input on issues related to staff scheduling. Performs other related duties as assigned.