Job title :
REGISTERED NURSE – PERIOPERATIVE (OR)
ROYAL INLAND HOSPITAL
Work where you matter! Interior Health’s Royal Inland Hospital (RIH) invites applications for the role of Registered Nurse (RN), Operating Room. RIH is looking for a knowledgeable Perioperative prepared RN with experience in the delivery of client–centered care that has assisted individual clients and their families respond to changing health care needs.
RIH is a 258-bed facility that serves as the referral centre for approximately 250,000 people. As a tertiary referral hospital, RIH is a no refusal centre with an Emergency Department that receives over 250 major trauma and 72,000 visits per year. As a member of the RIH Operating Room team, you will coordinate and oversee the overall care of the client and set priorities, provide clinical expertise and leadership for the plan of care, plan and implement health care treatments and interventions, and assign and delegate tasks as appropriate to other members of the healthcare team.
Reporting to Manger, Clinical Operations Operating Room, you will draw upon your ability to establish therapeutic relationships through the use of effective interpersonal and interviewing techniques, ensuring client choices and autonomy in decision making and care planning.
Casual employment means work requirements can vary between Zero and 37.5 hours per week. Casual employees receive 12.6% of their straight time pay, exclusive of all premiums, in lieu of scheduled vacations and statutory holidays. Upon completion of 180 hours, there is option of purchasing medical, dental and extended health benefit plans. A Casual position may lead into regular employment opportunities as once hired into a Casual role, employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent part-time or full time positions.
At RIH you will find a seasoned, supportive and cohesive team that will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community and world renowned sports-enthusiasm destination. We welcome receiving your application today!
RIH Operating Room Department:
The Perioperative Department has nine OR theatres offering surgical services including General Surgery, Neurosurgery, Vascular Surgery, Otolaryngology, Ophthalmology, Plastic Surgery, Urology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, and 24/7 Anesthesia coverage. Staffing complement consists of a Patient Care Coordinator, Clinical Educator, RNs, LPNs, Anesthetic Assistants, Peri-Operative Aides, and Unit Clerks.
Kamloops is a vibrant city of 90,000, set on a vast landscape of sandstone canyons, grasslands and evergreen timberlands. Here you can enjoy all the amenities of a big city, while having eight provincial parks at your door step. Kamloops takes pride in its arts community and First Nations culture, represented in sites throughout the city, theatre events and music festivals. Come play a round at Tobiano golf course, spend the day fishing and kayaking or head up to Sun Peaks Four Season Resort for world class mountain biking, skiing and snowboarding. Blue skies with endless sunshine, one thousand lakes and spectacular landscapes make the Kamloops region the natural place to work and play.
Meet Elaine, at 34 she was 30 weeks pregnant with twins. She was also experiencing heart failure. Thanks to the care she received at RIH Elaine is alive today, raising two healthy babies. Your work matters!
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Advanced preparation in the clinical specialty of Peri-operative Nursing.
- One year recent related clinical experience in the assigned practice environment on an operating room similar in size and scope to the facility or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Assessment and Intervention – Demonstrated ability to complete initial and ongoing client assessments (clinical and diagnostic reasoning) and provide nursing care through appropriate/ prescribed technical, therapeutic, safety type interventions.
- Communication – Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using verbal, written and computer communication means.
- Critical Thinking – Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve effectively.
- Human Caring and Relationship Centered Practice – Ability to promote client-focused care that demonstrates care for and with clients and significant others, sensitive to diverse cultures and preferences, client advocacy and social justice concerns.
- Teaching – Ability to transmit information intended to instruct clients and others about topics essential to health care and well-being.
- Management – Manages time and resources, implementing activities to promote cooperation among relevant others, collaboration across disciplines and related activities.
- Leadership – Promotes staff morale, cooperation, assertiveness and risk-taking, creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of IH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self.
- Knowledge Integration – Using factual information, prior learning and basic principles and procedures to support decisions and actions with relevant research-based evidence. Integrates best practice from nursing and health-related disciplines and the humanities, arts and sciences disciplines into professional practice.
- Ability to operate related equipment including relevant computer applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.