Every WestJet journey has the potential to enrich lives; a career with us is no exception.
WestJet arrived on the Canadian airline scene in 1996 and changed the industry for the better. We made air travel more affordable for Canadians and now we're going global.
Join us and love where you’re going.
This position is eligible for remote work, within Canada, under our mobile workforce program.
Looking for a challenging and rewarding role with one of Canada’s leading brands? WestJet is looking for a retail rock star to join our dynamic and talented Regional Performance Marketing team. Playing a key role within our Regional Performance Marketing group, you’ll bring your results orientated approach and competitive fire to the role to support our sales targets through insightful and disruptive retail marketing planning and delivery. The Regional Performance Marketing team is responsible for managing all retail marketing campaigns and activities, targeted strategies and quick-to-market retail levers. The team drives the coordination and execution of campaigns for flight and vacation package seat sales, campaign analytics, website advertising, A/B testing strategies, competitive analysis, and retail levers for planned and competitive activities.
Reporting to the Manager of the Regional Performance & Partner Marketing, you will primarily lead and deliver small to large campaigns and projects as it relates to retail marketing. You will work closely with the Manager of Regional Performance & Partner Marketing and members of the team to develop integrated, multi-channel marketing campaign plans. You will be responsible to manage the execution of the campaigns from beginning to end and ensure consistent and timely reporting is being captured and delivered, valuable data-driven insights are being shared, and a continuous and reactive strategy to build on successful results is being carried out.
What will you do?
- Execute large scale and targeted retail events through external and internal advertising channels. Manage campaigns and projects on a strict timeline and become the subject matter expert as it relates to Retail Marketing campaign strategy, execution, analytics and post-mortems.
- Proactively co-ordinate and liaise with the Manager of Regional Performance & Partner Marketing to ensure timelines are being managed, updates are provided, proper approvals are obtained, and go-to-market plans are presented.
- React quickly to actions of our competitors and become an expert at quick-to-market strategies in order to drive sales.
- Represent the Retail business unit and work collaboratively with cross-functional internal teams (Brand, Design, Digital, Analytics, Guest Communications, Social, Loyalty, Call Centre, IT, Revenue Management and Pricing, WestJet Vacations, Product and Sales).
- Work with the Paid Channel team to buy media and the creative agencies to develop creative concepts and paid media plans that are effective, yet impactful.
- Measure, report and communicate on the success of retail initiatives and their channels against documented objectives, including sales comps, conversion metrics, web traffic, etc.
- Proactively participate in the improvement and troubleshooting of processes as they pertain to Retail involvement.
- Proactively participate in the integration of Retail elements into Destination Marketing and Partner Co-operative campaigns and Digital or Mobile app projects.
- Support Manager on continuous review of competitive analysis, industry-leading retail and A/B testing as outlined in the retail testing strategy.
- Share direction, learnings and provide support for team members. Help to provide an environment where you, your team members and your stakeholders can learn continuously.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (Marketing or Communications)
- Experience: 2-4 years in a fast-paced Marketing environment preferably within a Retail role, with solid experience working with agencies in launching campaigns with advertising channels such as online display, paid search, paid social, TV, Radio, print and out of home; along with having an understanding of coordination and integration with PR, Contesting, Experiential and Sponsorship teams.
- Technical: Expert at Microsoft Teams, PowerPoint, Excel and SharePoint. Experience with Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics an asset but not required. Knowledge of data visualization tools is a great asset.
- Business Acumen: Excellent project management, communication and presentation skills. Proactive, highly motivated, highly organized, energetic personality with a positive can-do attitude. Able to multi-task, move quickly and effectively and consistently perform under tight deadlines. Able to think outside of the box and effectively bring big ideas to life. Ability to translate analytics into digestible insights for continuous improvement. Unique ability to bridge the gap between campaign stakeholders, management, agencies and creative teams. A solid understanding of return on marketing investment and marketing analytics is a great asset.
Fun: At WestJet, we pride ourselves on our fun and friendly customer focus. We take our jobs seriously, but not ourselves
The benefits of being a WestJetter:
WestJet provides all WestJetters with a competitive total rewards package. On top of that, we offer:
- A fun and friendly culture with colleagues who work together to win
- Travel privileges for you and your family, effective from your start date
- Savings and Benefit programs that are flexible to meet your specific needs
Think we are a fit? Apply now!
About WestJet Group of Companies
Together with WestJet's regional airline, WestJet Encore, we offer scheduled service to more than 100 destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe and to more than 175 destinations in over 20 countries through our airline partnerships.
Our Safety Promise
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will use safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.
WestJet recognizes that the use of Alcohol and Drugs can adversely impact a safe work environment and the well-being of others including guests, suppliers and the public, as well as place WestJet's operations at risk. All roles that are identified as safety sensitive are required to pass a Pre-Employment Alcohol and Drug Test as per WestJet's Alcohol and Drug Policy.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We embrace what makes us each unique, and what makes us uniquely WestJet. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility and if you require accommodation during the selection process, please let our Talent Acquisition team know. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in WestJet; however, only those candidates who are selected will be contacted.
For more information about everything WestJet, please visit WestJet.com.