Who we are
Staples Canada is on journey to become the Working and Learning Company. We are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. At Staples, we inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day. We look for people who are curious, approachable and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
If that’s you, let’s work, learn and grow together.
Some of what you will do
As the Business Development Manager, you will lead the development of a portfolio of high potential and high value copy and print business customers. Through your passion for building strong relationships you will deliver holistic copy and print solutions to our customers, serving as their “go-to” person for their copy and print needs, thereby allowing them to turn their goals into reality. As we evolve and transform into the Working and Learning Company, you will be inspired to be your best every day and make your mark.
Specifically, you will:
- Seek and drive regional and national sales opportunities by engaging high potential and high value business. Retain and expand relationships to achieve portfolio retention, sales, service, and profitability objectives, and proactively develop relationships with new small business clients.
- Cultivate and build strong business relationships and drive for excellence in every part of our business.
- Partner with our customers to understand their needs, identify opportunities, develop potential solutions and offer the best options for their businesses.
- Review and monitor sales, revenue and service performance against plan, identify gaps and share best practices. Apply business development and relationship management sales and service principles, practices and techniques (incl. pre-call planning) to support the achievement of target level sales of all products and services. Track and report on sales and service activities and outcomes.
- Contribute to business plans regarding new business opportunities, increased profitability, and portfolio growth potential based on knowledge of local marketplace.
- Provide efficient and effective response to call-in or customer referrals if/as/when required.
Some of what you need
- Prior experience in a print sales/account management or customer facing role in print industry.
- Multi-year experience selling to small and medium sized business customers.
- Post Secondary degree or equivalent.
- Comprehensive knowledge of products and services offered in the commercial printing industry.
- Ability to build and nurture relationships, influence and negotiate with stakeholders to support the needs of the business and business initiatives and priorities.
- Strong business acumen; Ability to build business case, understanding of local market, pricing strategies, competition, and key suppliers.
- Solutions finder
Some of what you will get
- Associate discount
- Health and Dental benefits
- Performance bonuses
- Learning & Development programs
- And more...
- This is a mobile position that includes calling and client meeting activities.
- Phone, email and text access to all assigned clients.
- Required to work a varying work schedule in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Travel on-site to client locations.
- This is a safety sensitive position.
Staples is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants’ needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Staples Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities.