The Master 60 Ton is responsible for operating company vessels, equipment, and organizing workflow to ensure crew members understand their duties and delegated tasks. The Master sets goals for daily and shift performance, and deadlines in ways that align with company culture and strategy.
- Vessel Production while on shift
- Meeting company productions levels
- Maintaining Federal, Provincial, and company safety standards.
- Meeting OSW Standards of Quality
- Maintaining a professional work environment and company image.
- Develop and follow safe work procedures and act safely in the workplace at all times.
- Use protective clothing, devices, and equipment provided.
- Submit all required operational reports.
Role and Responsibilities
- Operate company vessels and equipment in practical manner.
- Operate remote operated vehicles
- Perform maintenance within scope of skills and abilities
- Monitor crew productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching
- Receive crew claims and provide resolution.
- Act as liaison for organization, crews, and site customers
- Training new crew members.
- Familiarity with company policies and legal guidelines of the field.
- Develop operating methodologies.
- Report all maintenance items in the maintenance program.
- Submit all shift reports within 24 hours of being off shift.
- Submit daily operational report.
- Maintain ships log.
- Communicate with customer site operators.
- Maintain cleanliness of Vessel.
- Share in ships duties.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 60 Ton Limited Master or Unlimited
- Domestic Vessel Safety (DVS, MED A1-2)
- Radio Operator Certificate Marine (ROC-M)
- Basic Marine First Aid
- WHMIS 2015
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- Valid Driver’s License (Class 7 minimum)
- Ability to learn a variety of job descriptions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to Lead a team with professionalism while remaining unbiased
- Critical think and problem solving.
- Mechanical aptitude (Mechanical, Hydraulic, Electrical, Pneumatic).
- Familiar with general business practices.
- Ability to operate computers (MS Office Suite, CMMS, Time Management Software)
- Ability to live aboard vessel for a minimum 8 days at a time
Job Types: Full-time, Fly-In/Fly-Out, Permanent
Salary: $75,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year