Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2018, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
Find out why Ceridian is such a great place to work.
The Manager of IT Asset Management team mentors and provides ongoing leadership to the Asset Management team members who are responsible for managing Ceridian’s software, hardware, license allocations, audit governance, and configuration management. In addition to providing leadership to this team, the IT Asset Manager will contribute to the strategic direction and vision of Ceridian’s Asset Management program, processes, measures and supporting technologies, and partner with cross-functional teams, such as Vendor Management, to ensure Ceridian’s IT Asset Management function scales with the growth of our business.
What does this mean?
What we are looking for:
- Develop, implement and execute effective asset management strategies for the Asset Management team
- Conducts weekly and monthly Business Review meetings, and measures and analyzes performance metrics for the senior leadership team
- Leads team meetings, conducts employee 1-on-1 meetings as well as individual learning and development
- Establish/Update policies, standard operating procedures, and reports to enable proactive management and monitoring of Ceridian’s IT assets.
- Develop, establish, implement, and enforce supplier and outsourcer guidelines, obligations, and service level agreements to the organization.
- Define purchasing recommendations that support business goals, in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Participate/Partner in managing vendor relationships
- Strategic Vendor QBR’s
- Contribute licensing data for negotiations
- Monitor and analyze trends in company spending and inventory control in order to make recommendations for the future, and to identify areas for possible savings and/or asset optimization.
- Negotiate pricing, terms, and conditions of high-value and complex Technology contracts with contractors and/or service providers, in partnership with senior management, stakeholders, and Vendor Management team.
- Responsible for providing reporting for software asset reconciliation and audit activities on a timely basis, including financial, licensing, warranty, and maintenance/support contract information.
- Compare warranties, maintenance agreements, and vendor contracts to assist with asset upkeep, upgrades, repair, and replacement.
- Partner with Risk Management, Vendor Management, and Technology teams to establish proactive software and hardware audit reviews to mitigate risk.
- Provide oversight and support to staff during vendor software audits.
- Track and maintain copies of software licenses, license keys, warranties, maintenance agreements, and vendor contracts.
- Perform inventories and usage monitoring of all IT assets and record all findings, changes, physical location, and incidences of support.
- Generate, distribute, and review relevant management reports.
- Investigate and resolve exceptions and accuracy issues of Ceridian’s asset and configuration management systems.
What you bring:
- Undergraduate Degree and/or 8 years of applicable work experience.
- Certified Software Management Professional and/or Certified Hardware Asset Management Professional through IBSMA, SIIA, IAITAM, or BSA.
- Direct experience in a contract management or purchasing and procurement capacity, including all aspects of strategy development and execution.
- Experience with process improvement and operational efficiency projects - both leading and supporting
- Understanding of licensing models (perpetual, subscription, hosted, on-prem, etc.)
- Experience with managing third party service providers
- Experience with contracting and being able to read and understand contractual language
- License Agreements, EULA’s, Deployment Rights, Audit language
- Strong familiarity and technical competence with asset management software and/or inventory-tracking systems.
- Excellent contract management skills inclusive of budgeting, inventory and cost management.
- You think outside the box with strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently, minimal need for direction
- Ability to deal tactfully with vendors, suppliers, and contractors who provide a broad spectrum of products and services.
- You function better in an agile environment with changing priorities.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and diplomatic.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Customer service skills are critical.
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with vendors, suppliers, service providers, or offsite contractors.
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and what makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.