We are a boutique specialty food store that carries a variety of hot and chilled beverages, fresh baked goods, specialty grocery items and various prepared foods, including catering. As we continue in our third year of business, we plan to continue building a reputation for exceptional quality over quantity, and are looking for the right people to help achieve this.
Responsibilities and Duties
We are looking for an experienced Bakery Assistant to join our team as soon as possible, full time, Mon-Fri. The ideal candidate will have 1+ years experience and require little direction. He/She will have the ability to:
- Provide support to the Executive Chef and Head Baker
- Keep the bakery dept. in clean, proper running order
- Self-manage quantity control (i.e. ingredients required, production during busier times of the week/year)
- Work efficiently, strong multi-tasking skills
- Prepare every-day items, as well as last minute special orders on demand
- Willingness to bring creativity and new ideas to the menu
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience as a Bakery Assistant 1+ years.
- Must possess a high degree of professionalism.
- Believe that being energetic, enthusiastic and attentive to the details required to fulfill the customers' experience are key to every day performance.
- Must have the ability to be flexible and work well in an ever-changing environment.
- Must be enthusiastic and self-motivated, with the ability to work independently when required and with the rest of the team.
* Please check your junk-mail folders in case of misfile of interview offers.
Part-time hours: 25-30 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour