Respite (one weekend per month) Live-In Canine Handler
The Canine Habitat, is a behaviour and training dog boarding house in PERTH, ON. If you are looking for a casual weekend gig in a fast-paced environment where you can put your knowledge of dog care and training to good use and still be open to learning new skills from the devoted founders and their animal behaviour team - this may be the position for you.
This home is a kennel free boarding solution, tailored to one-on-one pet care and behaviour rehabilitation. It is a safe haven, fun and dynamic canine care and training environment.
The incumbent will be responsible for;
- Care and maintenance of the home inclusive of but not limited to; lawn care, snow removal, cleaning
- Care of the animals inclusive of but not limited to; transporting, feeding, medicating, walking, guided behaviour work and yard play supervision
- Superior client service to the pet owners including transportation of their pets
- Careful tracking and reporting of daily activities including preparing logs, reports, inventory counts and updating management via daily telephone communication.
- Responsibly driving and managing the use of the company transportation vehicle
- Be keen to receive valuable coaching, feedback and continued educationfrom the owners of Pet Intel. and The Canine Habitat
- Being a team player who is willing and ready to jump on tasks that may come up that support the goals of The Canine Habitat.
Logistics for the Respite Live-in position;
- This is a Per-diem live-in position.
- Requires that you are on site for a minimum of 16 hrs per 24 hr period including sleeping time from Friday to Sunday evening one weekend per month.
- Provides you with a a fully functional home inclusive of a; a single bedroom for your personal space, internet and all utilities.
Ideally You are:
- A couple or individual with experience managing a home
- Have some training and/or experience working with animals (dog kennel, doggy-daycare, vet office, pet retail or a dog training school) and are seeking to learn more.
- Have some roots, support or family in the Lanark County and Ottawa areas.
- Ideally have some post secondary education
- Are an analytical, resourceful, multi-tasker that is quick to resolve challenges.
- Have a valid G driver’s license.
- Willing to undergo a Criminal Records Check
- Can work evenings, weekends & holidays as needed.
- Consider yourself to be a regular MacGyver who thinks the idea of spending the day in the country with dogs sounds like living the dream.
Please send a resume for each person to be on-site (i.e.both parties if a couple is applying).
Given the nature of the job and the applicants we get from various locations, please help us short-list you by attachinga short 3-5 minute video or audio file to;
- Introduce yourself
- Capture your philosophy of canine care
- Provide insight as to how you are ideally suited to this type of respite live-in position
Please send your application to the attention of Jessica O’Neill.
Application Deadline: 11:59 p.m. June 15th, 2019.
Job Type: Casual