Provides quality patient care, laboratory testing, observing the highest standards of accuracy, efficiency and safety according to established procedures and policies in the Pathology area of the Laboratory. Follow-up on normal/abnormal results. Perfor m QC on reagent, tests and instrument. Knowledge and compliance with Laboratory Quality Management program. Participates in C.E.
- Graduate of a medical laboratory technology program
- Current C.M.L.T.O. licence-active: general
- Current pathology experience 1-5 years
- Experience in gross examination and dictation of surgical specimens preferred
- Good computer skills (softlab/Co Path)
- Flexible, good organizational skills and sound judgment
- Good interpersonal skills essential
- Flexible and willing to work as part of a team to handle workload
- Demonstrated ability to apply theoretical knowledge in problem solving and troubleshooting
- Fast and accurate lab skills
- Able to work with minimum supervision; self-m otivated
- Demonstrate interest in continuing personal & professional growth
- Must have good working relationship with co-workers, professional staff and other hospital staff
- Ability communicate clearly, teach, problem solve and organize.
- Abilit y to cope with pressures of variable workload essential
- Good work and attendance record required.
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] ag ree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff s afety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.