InterVivo Solutions Inc. is a dynamic contract research organization that specializes in behavioral assessments involving both companion and research animals, and assisting clients in their development of new therapeutics. Our Mississauga Location provides a friendly and team-oriented work atmosphere as well growth opportunity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Coordinate, assist and perform assigned in-vivo studies including in-vivo pharmacokinetics, brain penetration studies and other in-vivo rodent models.
- Perform aseptic vascular, brain penetration and gastrointestinal catheterization in rodent models.
- Record and document experimental details with a high level of integrity, ethics and accuracy.
- Assist in the preparation of data summary reports, study related data entry, Quality Control.
- Prepare and export sponsor sample shipments in appropriate conditions with required cross-border paperwork.
- Perform study-related husbandry duties to ensure proper animal care practices are adhered to and are according to CCAC guidelines and facility SOPs.
- Work within a team to ensure that projects are successfully conducted and completed to a high level of quality and scientific competence.
- Participate in the maintenance of an adequate inventory of supplies.
- Assist Facility Manager in the maintenance and operation of animal facility and husbandry in accordance with CCAC guidelines and Animals for Research Act.
- Participate in internal working groups (eg. animal care committee, health and safety, etc).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Veterinary diploma or B.Sc. degree in a relevant field (e.g. Pharmacology, Pharmacokinetics, Veterinary Sciences, Biochemistry, Neuroscience)
Minimum 3 years of direct experience.
Experience with Microsoft Excel and strong overall computer skills. Experience with command-line (BASH) and programming is an asset.Experience in handling rodents, drug administration and blood sampling in rodents.
Experience in survival surgical techniques in rodents (e.g. catheterization).
Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and to meet timelines.
Great attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot.
Ability to work in a safe environment.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.