We want to assure you that we have taken swift and proactive measures to combat COVID-19 as it relates to our operations. Health Canada recommends cleaning and disinfecting surfaces to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other viral respiratory illnesses, and for this reason, we have put into place new cleaning protocols across our business. Each day, our teams will be cleaning and disinfecting our vehicles by using government recommended cleaning solutions. We have also advised our employees to adhere to the Health Canada guidelines on COVID-19 to reduce transmission. When it comes to the safety and the well-being of our team members and passengers, we will work tirelessly to see to it that we are doing everything we can to manage this current situation.
Stock Transportation Ltd. (a subsidiary of National Express LLC) operates more than 2,800 school buses and serves 35+ school districts throughout Ontario, Nova Scotia and Alberta. Our corporate office, located in Markham ON, houses the administrative and support functions for the company. Stock Transportation has a strong record of success and decades of experience in pupil transportation. With the support of National Express Group, a global leader in transportation, we are continually focused on delivering our service promise: Getting students to school safely, on time and ready to learn®.
- Directs and monitors daily assignments; schedules drivers, bus assistants, and assigns vehicles to ensure daily coverage of all routes, field trips, and charter work.
- Ensures direct and indirect daily activities of drivers and bus assistants are assigned and accomplished on-time.
- Communicates all relevant details of driving assignments to drivers to ensure proper execution.
- Assist drivers with routing directions and directs them to perform special services when required.
- Recommends appropriate disciplinary action, up to and including suspensions and/or discharge, for part-time staff for violations of company policies.
- Responds to emergency calls, facilitates emergency response network, coordinates mechanical service repair, and assigns replacement buses and drivers when there is a problem on a route.
- Notifies District and CSC personnel of all changes in route assignments, emergency situations, accidents, breakdowns or any other event that will disrupt service.
- Maintains route documentation and records (relevant contract requirements, school information, student data, route changes, relevant maps, vehicle details, bus assignments, driver details) for the purpose of providing accurate and reliable information to customers and complies with school board and province requirements.
- Coordinates vehicle service and mechanical repairs with Maintenance Supervisor to assure uninterrupted service delivery.
- Maintains high compliance to dispatch standard operating procedures.
- Handles customer concerns and requests for information in an expeditious and professional manner.
- Escalates unresolved issues to management as appropriate.
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous dispatch experience is preferred;
- Knowledge of surrounding geographic area to ensure effective and efficient routing. Ability to organize and prioritize time to balance conflicting demands related to customer care and dispatching.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers in fast-paced and/or stressful environment (interpersonal & telephone skills).
- Ability to read and interpret documents and instructions from customers and other team members
- Ability to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability to work within the appropriate level of independence
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to operate two-way and emergency radio systems
- Ability to use office machines (fax, scanner, copier, zip drive, telephone system)
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Program and computerized routing software.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to read road and street maps
- Ability to keep organized and accurate records relating to overall dispatch and routing responsibilities
- Bi-lingual abilities a must
Job Type: Full-time