Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Logistics Specialist manages all the logistics activities, including inbound and outbound shipments – documentation, arrange and communicated with carriers, arrange transfer shipments, customs dealings and documentation and Tradeshow shipments.
- Complete and timely submission of all required documentation for international shipments.
- Ensure accuracy of information in the Companies ERP, Spire.
- Updating info in Spire IE: MID #, HTS codes, COO, weight, pack sizes…
- Maintain the Trade Compliance master spreadsheet.
- Support Planning to maintain inventory levels and move shipments to Spain (Docs) location.
- Select the best freight and customs broker partners and regularly track their performance.
- Submit and follow up with carriers on any freight claims.
- Send ASNs to Customers for outbound shipments.
- Track inbound shipments and report expected delivery dates/ times to Receiving & Purchasing.
- Maintain/update NAFTA COO.
- Be ‘on top of’ other pertinent FTAs with various other Countries (i.e. Chile, Europe)
- Check all freight invoices, Customs broker invoices for accuracy.
- Respond in a timely manner to freight status update and quote requests.
- Ensure accurate costing by updating freight charges in Spire POs prior to receipt.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Work with the Ops team to reach an on time delivery rate >95%.
- Maintain and report KPIs via shipment log (i.e. average cost / kg).
- Work with Planning and Production to exceed a 98% fulfillment rate in Spain.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- Look for Logistics cost savings by maximizing loads, multi stop shipments, carrier selection and minimizing air shipments.
- Ensure all tradeshow shipments arrive complete and on time.
- KPI’s updated and reported Monthly.
Education and Experience
- 2+ years in a Logistics role.
- Working towards a formal Logistics Certification.
- Trade compliance experience would be an asset.
Knowledge, Abilities and skills
- Must be able to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- To be flexible in undertaking a variety of duties that will contribute to the success of the organization.
- Ability to work with a high level of competence on computer applications such as Microsoft Office – in particular Excel and Outlook, as well as ERP – specifically Spire would be beneficial.
- Familiar with navigating freight tracking and trace sites.
- Maintain vendor carrier relationships.
- Well-developed strategic thinking, conceptual, problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- Logistics: 2 years (Required)