Extendicare recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, patients, team members and visitors from COVID-19. As such, subject to medical exemptions, a condition of employment with Extendicare is requiring that all new hires have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
HEALTH CARE AIDE (Casual) – Extendicare Viking
Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada. Through our network of over 115 operated senior care and living centres, as well as our home health care operations, we are committed to delivering care throughout the health care continuum to meet the needs of a growing seniors’ population in Canada. Our qualified and highly trained workforce of 23,700 individuals are united by a dedication to quality care and by our vision of being the best provider of senior care and services in Canada.
Applicants are invited to apply for position of Health Care Aide to work at our 60- bed facility Extendicare Viking located in Viking, Alberta.
Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, the Health Care Aide provides direct personal and nursing care to resident so as to fulfill the physical, intellectual, emotional, social and spiritual needs of residents and in accordance with the home’s policies, procedures and work routines.
- Assists in providing restorative care for residents; assists with ambulation, feeding, bathing and grooming.
- Consults with and informs team leader of activities, needs and problems related to resident care. Utilizes observation skills to note changes in resident’s condition and informs team leader.
- Encourages participation in activity programs by assisting residents to prepare for and assisting them to and from activities.
- Assists with admission, discharge and transfer of residents.
- Assists with meal service and nourishment delivery to residents and provides feeding assistance as required. Reports any changes in appetite to RN/LPN.
- Provides emotional and social support to residents/families including palliative care.
- Adheres to established department policies and procedures regarding quality assurance, fire, safety, environment and infection control.
- Ability to read and write English as well as to understand verbal and written instructions in English.
- Health Care Aide certification.
- Long Term Care experience preferred.
- Regular lifting and moving residents, equipment and supplies. Repeated lifting, squatting, reaching and bending.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates organizational skills and ability to complete assignments in a timely manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Closing Date: September 13th, 2021
Interested applicants may forward their resume to the attention of:
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.