Kanalco LTD, located in Bowmanville, ON, is one of the leading aluminum fabricators in North America. We work directly with architects, general contractors and installers to produce streamlined wall panel systems, column covers, canopies and cornices. As a national metal fabricator, we offer custom architectural cladding systems designed to fit your needs. Kanalco LTD has completed projects throughout Canada and the United States utilizing composite and plate panel systems. Please visit our website at www.kanalco.com for more information.
- As our primary Estimator, the ideal candidate will be responsible for evaluating the cost of future projects, as well as evaluating the material and labour costs to take on these projects. The candidate will be familiar with our competitive advantages as a company and will be able to communicate those to our benefit throughout the bidding process. From takeoff estimates to manual data entry, this position is very detail-oriented with no room for error.
- Develop bill of material takeoffs from architectural plans - quantity, sizes, panel shapes imported to spreadsheets to establish cost estimates.
- Should be proficient at interpreting architectural drawings - the successful candidate will have a full working knowledge of Bluebeam, Excel, Adobe, and AutoCAD.
- Prepare and distribute time-sensitive deadlines.
- Maintain knowledge of competitive advantages in the industry to aid the job bidding process.
- Obtain quote requests and build relationships with vendors and subcontractors.
- Ensure that scopes and qualifications meet project needs.
- Responsible for change order request log, job transfers, work orders, RFI's, etc.
- Coordinate with customers, suppliers and team members.
- Collect information for upcoming projects and maintain a revised estimating log.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree industry-related or equivalent experience.
- Solid understanding of basic construction/bidding principles.
- Familiarity with architectural drawings and metal wall panel systems.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and time management skills.
- 5-10 years of construction estimating experience preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- Estimating: 5 years (Required)