At Clinical Research Dental, it is our mission to support, promote and teach better dentistry through the presentation of clinical seminars, workshops, and scientific research studies and to provide only clinically proven products to dentists throughout North America via a highly trained and skilled technical support staff.
We have an immediate and exciting career opportunity for a full-time permanent Intermediate Accountant to join our team in our downtown London, ON office.
The Intermediate Accountant is responsible for keeping accurate accounting records daily as well as completing the monthly financial statements. All direction will be in line with company strategic and corporate goals. This role includes leadership, problem solving and support of the administration staff. A close working relationship with the Financial Controller and our other accounting staff is required. This position reports directly to the Financial Controller.
- Understand the accounts payable process and be able to complete critical processes if needed.
- Monitor bank balances on a regular basis and transfer funds (both Canadian and foreign currencies) as needed for our 3 operating companies.
- Prepare government remittances (i.e. HST, EHT, Federal corporate tax, source deductions, WSIB, and various provincial taxes) and perform a reasonability test against the G/L to ensure correct values. Complete the associated remittance forms for review by the Financial Controller.
- Sign weekly cheque runs and provide first-level approval for electronic wire payments to ensure we are making full use of any discounts offered and are also not being charged fees on any late payments.
- Manage foreign exchange rates for various currencies within Microsoft NAV and update on a weekly basis.
- Issue per-diem requests and record the associated values in Microsoft NAV.
- Understand the expense report process and assist in processing if needed.
- Assist with answering telephones when needed and with taking customer telephone payments.
- Prepare miscellaneous invoices related to intercompany operations and ensure proper recording of intercompany transactions within Microsoft NAV.
- Assist in automating and developing specialized reports related to past-due customer balances and perform necessary actions to collect past-due invoices. Actions include blocking customer accounts, sending collections emails/faxes, calling associated customers, and sending customer dues to collections if required. Actions are based off A/R days outstanding.
- Complete manual credits for customers and issue refunds as needed.
- Assist in various aspects of company reporting, including the budgeting process, variance analysis, and financial reporting, such as (but not limited to) entering of budget data and creating reports and budgets by division needed by each department, in conjunction with the Financial Controller.
- Complete other ad-hoc reporting requests as needed, including reports for our manufacturing or distribution partners and completing associated filings to meet various regulatory requirements.
- Ensure all transactions are posted within the G/L for the month for all associated companies.
- Prepare month-end journal entries as required and complete and balance associated bank reconciliations. Assist with ensuring that all aspects of the monthly financial close process are complete and that all accounts are reconciled, and that monthly checklists are complete.
- Prepare, review, and print the monthly financial statements before providing them to the Financial Controller and COO/CFO.
- Complete detailed sales analysis reports for management after month-end is complete.
- Enter and post year-end journal entries and assist with completing all worksheets and checklists related to completion of accurate & timely financial statements (due 7 days after month end).
- Assist with any queries required from the external auditors as directed by the Financial Controller.
- Close the fiscal year in Microsoft NAV after the conclusion of the year-end financial statement audit.
- Assist with the annual inventory counts completed at our London warehouse. Enter and post year-end inventory journal entries related to annual inventory counts completed for our 3 operating companies. Assist with validating the accuracy of the inventory count data.
- Work with the Financial Controller on special projects as needed including budgeting, tax compliance, pricing, special reports, new project initiatives, and system customizations.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree or Diploma in Accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience within an Accounting department.
- Strong computer and organizational skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work well and build co-operative relationships with people at all levels and throughout various departments.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work requirements; completes tasks in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates integrity and ethics; sets a personal example.
- Team player: Leads and supports continuous improvement & change.
- Achieves business results by taking action, achieving quality, and focusing on goals.
- Services customers by meeting their needs and focusing on customer satisfaction.
We thank all those who are interested in this opportunity. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please let us know at the time of contact.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Microsoft Dynamics/NAV: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)