A unique and exciting opportunity exists for a Senior System Administrator with the Atira group of agencies. Atira is an award-winning organization known for its inclusionary hiring practices. A job is more than a pay cheque though; we offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they've helped provide safe, affordable housing and support to people. We offer the opportunity to work alongside an amazing group working to make the world a more just place, one woman, one child, one home, one job at a time.
About the Opportunity:
We are looking for an IT generalist with at least 4-5 years’ progressive experience in systems administrator/ infrastructure related roles , with at least 1 year at an enterprise level company (200+ users).
- Plans multiple concurrent technical projects; assisting coworkers, staff and consultants in execution.
- Provides technical mentorship to IT Team members and staff.
- Manages, documents, and communicates IT infrastructure configurations, changes and anyprocesses related to these systems.
- Participate in the service desk rota providing support where required
- Travel to directly manage sites, with occasional travel to satellite offices as required
- Strong security knowledge
- Networking- TCP/IP / DNS/ DHCP/ VLAN’s / IDS / IPS / OSI Layer, etc.
- Virtualization & Cloud (AWS/ Azure /HyperV /VMware – some of)
- Windows Active Directory design and implementation - knowledge of FSMO roles, group polices, domains and trusts, and multisite configuration and how it ties together with networking.
- Office 365 / Azure AD/ Exchange
- Command Line configuration experience
- Scripting experience (e.g. Powershell/Bash/Python/etc.)
- Automated deployments with MDT/SCCM/ etc.
- Knowledge of ITIL and best practices.
- At least 1 year Linux administration experience
- A college or University degree.
- (Some) related industry certifications – e.g. MCSE, MCITP, CCENT, CCNA, Red Hat, Security+, CEH, etc.
- Demonstrable experience from start to finish planning and implementing medium sized infrastructure project
- A valid BC driving license
- You will be regarded as a valuable team member who can make a real difference to the organization.
- A competitive salary with a good work life balance
- Generous vacation time, benefits, and pension, after disqualification period
Nice to haves:
- A genuine desire to help the disadvantaged in Vancouver
- Awarding of all positions is subject to clearing a mandatory criminal records review.
- Maintaining strict confidentiality is mandatory.
- Downtown Eastside, Vancouver
A cover letter joined onto your CV aimed specifically at Atira and covering which areas your experience matches the posted job requirements would put the applicant at a considerable advantage.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Systems Administrator: 3 years (Preferred)
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)