Do you believe in data-driven decision making? Can you build Salesforce reports in your sleep? Does improving processes and reducing inefficiencies get you excited? Are you passionate about learning new technologies and sharing them with others? For you, it's not about the numbers you see, but in wielding them to help make meaningful business decisions. If you're looking for a big challenge that holds impactful opportunities—you'll find that at Thinkific!
As a Sales Operations Analyst, you'll be working at the intersection of sales and data to ensure everyone has the data they need at the right time, in the right place. You'll work directly with the sales and account management teams and gain an understanding of these areas within a fast-moving tech company. You will serve as the main Salesforce contact and be responsible for weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting. In addition, you will provide sales operations and process support, oversee sales analyses and forecasting, and calculate sales commissions. The sales team is experiencing hyper-growth and this role will play a critical part in helping us scale rapidly and efficiently!
In this role, you will:
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Work closely with Sales leadership to help define, refine and measure key metrics (from pipeline to closed-won to renewals and expansion) to improve sales forecasting, planning and performance management
- Coordinate training of core sales tools to sales and supporting teams, including the use of Salesforce
- Proactively monitor and strive to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency throughout our sales organization
- Partner with Marketing to develop and align on lead targets and lead management SLAs, including scoring, routing, notification, and follow up
- Implement, optimize and ensure adoption of sales enablement tools, technologies, and content, such as workflow automation, analytics tools, and playbooks throughout the sales organization
- Work closely across the sales organization to proactively identify and recommend opportunities to improve sales efficiency
- Provide insights to sales and senior leadership on growth opportunities for the sales organization through data-driven analysis
- Work with Finance to provide assistance with sales commission payments on a timely and regular cadence
You might be the person we're looking for if you:
- Have 3+ years of sales operations experience in a SaaS or sales environment
- Have a solid understanding of statistical and data modeling concepts
- Demonstrate hands-on experience with one or more CRM software products (Salesforce, Hubspot, NetSuite, etc.)
- Have strong communication skills and the ability to convey the results of an analysis using dashboards and written/verbal reports
- Be organized and detail-oriented with the ability to think critically and analytically
- Be able to work independently in a fast-changing environment
Bonus points if you:
- Are knowledgeable in key SaaS metrics
- Have experience accessing, transforming and analyzing data from a variety of sources
- Demonstrate strong working knowledge of SQL and Excel
- Are comfortable with at least one BI tool such as Mode, Tableau, Looker, etc.
- Are familiar with data techniques in Python and/or R
- Have previously worked with Google Analytics, Mixpanel or a similar tool
- Have worked with Google Optimize or a similar tool previously
- Are comfortable with ETL tools and techniques
- Have experience with Active Campaign
We're about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses. Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we're building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe, while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Our customer support is the best in the industry and one of the main reasons educators love using Thinkific!
Why we think you'll like working with us:
- Be part of a collaborative, driven team focused on building best-in-class software for one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver
- We offer competitive salaries, health/dental/vision benefits, and our Employee and Family Assistance Program helps to support your well-being
- We have an open vacation policy and flexible work environment… because sometimes you do your best work in slippers ;)
- Our office is stocked with snacks, coffee, and the occasional Friday beer and cider to keep you fuelled
- We're dog-friendly and have many furry friends sitting nearby, ready to be cuddled
- We get together often for fun company events (we've flown to California, hosted family BBQs, conquered The Chief, gone rock climbing and put our heads together to tackle creative challenges at our Hackathons)
- We have an amazing existing team of talented engineers, marketers, designers, customer champions, and other tech industry pros that want to work with you
- Everyone has an equal opportunity to impact our product and company—we strongly value all of our people (the ones we work alongside and the ones we serve)
- We are passionate about education—we provide learning opportunities and encourage each other to continuously learn and grow through workshops, training, blogs, meetups, books and mentorships
- We provide a technology bonus for when you need to upgrade or replace your existing system
- We care about helping you grow your career AND your family. Family is important to us, and our paid parental leave provides you with a little extra help while you're beginning this new adventure.
- We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what makes a company flourish. Thinkific welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We're proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we embrace diversity. We welcome you!
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can't wait to meet you!