To ensure that guests have a positive, memorable and enjoyable experience while dining at the Quaaout Lodge. Providing daily shift supervision for restaurant and banquet Food and Beverage Service effectively, efficiently, and economically in accordance with Resort and departmental policies, guidelines, and budgets while ensuring the complete satisfaction of all guests.
As the Food and Beverage Shift Manager, you will:
- Integration of Secwepemc culture into all aspects of the Resort experience.
- Ensure that all staff under supervision are trained in emergency procedures.
- Ensure that Health & Safety regulations are adhered to by all staff members on a daily basis and remediated immediately if necessary.
- Assist senior Food & Beverage Management in overseeing the front of house Food & Beverage venue operations in adherence with legislated laws and regulations as well as Resort policies and guidelines.
- Provide ongoing operational evaluations of service, recognizing and taking action to resolve operational issues as they arise.
- Monitor daily business levels and make adjustments to work staff shift scheduling to effectively manage restaurant and banquet service labour cost while protecting guest service levels.
- Effectively manage dining reservations, walk-ins, table assignments to balance guest expectations while maximizing revenue potential, and equitable rotation of server sections.
- Take ownership of various projects or regular tasks as assigned by senior Food & Beverage Management.
- Maintain continuous industry awareness including competition and trends in products and services
- Assist with development and monitoring of sales programs including menu specials, drink ideas, incentives, and promotions.
- Enforce quality and cleanliness standards, including where appropriate communication of maintenance and housekeeping needs to the respective staff.
- Assist with inventory control, security, and supplies maintenance
- Adhere to all food safe regulations, and responsible liquor service standards
- Perform other duties as and when assigned by the management
- To adhere to all resort policies and procedures
- Ensure exceptional Food & Beverage service for guests with a high level of professionalism.
- Resolve guest complaints effectively and reasonably, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Understand and communicate products and services available at the Resort as well as providing guidance to guests on resort activities and services, and regional information to enhance their experience.
- Participate in the ongoing integration of education based on Secwepemc cultural values, traditions, and knowledge into Resort guest experience
- Preach and practice a team building philosophy.
- Promote mission, vision, and core values of the Resort.
- Assist with the development of employees for future advancement.
- To facilitate the communication flow between the Senior Management and Serving Staff.
- Assist with the supervision of all personnel including recruitment, interviewing, hiring, training, coaching, performance evaluation, remedial disciplinary action.
- Education and enforcement of employees with regard to the Resort policies and work rules in a consistent and fair manner in compliance with laws and company policies.
- Monitor restaurant and banquet service financial performance, recognizing cost variances, and coaching employees to recognize cost variances.
- Assist with the development of corrective action plans, implementation and follow-through on plans.
- Ensure that pre-shift meetings are being held at the beginning of each service with appropriate information.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $0.00 per year
- Food and Beverage Service: 1 year (Preferred)