BOOKKEEPER – Junior and Senior
About DDL & Co.
DDL & Co. is an established Public Accounting firm located in downtown St. Catharines, Ontario. We are a local firm driven by strong family values, work ethics and entrepreneurial experience which assists in the advising of our clients from both an accounting and operational standpoint. Our professionals provide exceptional service and advice to our valued clients. We treat our clients as friends whose success we are championing.
We provide a very comfortable work environment, with flexible working hours to ensure a healthy balance between our team’s professional and personal life. Professional development and training are encouraged. We believe in maximizing the use of technology to complement our traditional services.
Skills for Success
- Business degree or diploma in accounting, finance or business (a plus, not a must).
- Excellent knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Strong knowledge of, and extensive experience with a variety of bookkeeping software packages, including Sage 50, QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online.
- Proven experience in a variety of accounting functions, including accounts payable, receivable, payroll, government remittances, inventory management, account reconciliation.
- Experience in yearend preparation involvement – directly or working with external accountant.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in highly demanding and time sensitive situations.
- Proven ability to manage workload efficiently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize workload and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks.
- Proficient in MS Office computer programs.
- Experience with CRM software.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks, in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to deal with confidential information.
- Ability to deal with clients in a professional manner.
- Excellent organizational skills and driven to continuously learn new skills.
- Strong family values and work ethic.
- Coverage of Professional Association fees
- Health and insurance benefits
- Group RSP employer match contribution
- Quarterly coaching and professional goal planning
- Free, convenient downtown parking
- Salary of $35,000 to $50,000, based on the successful candidate's knowledge, skills and experiences as outlined.
- Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview, we thank you for your application
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Bookkeeping: 1 year (Required)
- quickbooks: 1 year (Preferred)