Real Estate Legal Assistant for Boyce Law
We are a small start up firm with a positive attitude and a desire to set ourselves apart through a great work environment and strong client relations.
We are looking for an experienced real estate legal assistant who wants a collegial work environment. The right candidate will be someone professional with a positive attitude, be a team player, and will have a customer service focus. This position comes with a competitive salary, benefits as well as opportunities for professional development and skill acquisition.
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Drafts closing documents, correspondence and memoranda; compiles documents and invoicing; and completes conflict checks
- Interacts with corporate clients, sales persons, and other clients to schedule appointments and exchange information
- Handles confidential materials and documents
- Provides clerical and administrative support such as opening and closing files, filing, answering the telephone, scheduling meetings, photocopying and binding materials, etc.
- Other duties as required
Education and Experience
- A minimum of five to seven years of experience working in a professional legal environment is required and/or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Real Estate Legal Assistant experience is required
- Previous experience in New Home Real Estate is preferred
- Experience with Wills and Estates is an asset
Knowledge and Skills
- Positive attitude and customer service focused approach
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Detailed oriented writing skills necessary to draft and accurately proof-read documents and correspondence
- Organizational and time management skills required to effectively schedule and multi-task
- Knowledge of legal procedures, practices and regulations
- Knowledge of and proficiency in various computer programs and online applications such as but not limited to: Microsoft Office/Outlook/Word, Excel, PCLaw, Econveyance, FCT MMS/LLC, and Stewart Assyst.
How To Apply
Please apply via Indeed. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon reference checks.
Job Type: Full-time