Nature is full of surprises, but your future doesn’t have to be.
Forecast a fulfilling career with us!
Why We Need You:
Infrastructure Administrator is responsible for building and maintaining multiple environments in Cloud and On-premise infrastructure. Under limited supervision, performs network administration & planning for all aspects of IT-Network infrastructure - Including Network equipment, servers, and software applications.
What’s the Day to Day Look Like:
- Perform a wide range of administration duties including installation, debugging,
maintenance, upgrades, and general support for network equipment, servers, and cloud deployments.
- Maintain and improve the security across all IT infrastructure, perform security assessments of production, corporate, and cloud environments.
- Proactive monitoring of all network devices, services, and servers using a combination of tools to ensure high availability and SLA’s.
- Conduct investigations on specific operational areas and analyze the performance of existing systems; generate improved designs of these systems and run pilot implementations in the testing environment.
- Support production maintenance activities, network, server maintenance, application/system deployments and monitoring, software/security updates and patching of on-premises and cloud infrastructure.
- Interface with vendors for procurement & maintenance of IT infrastructure.
- Automate and streamline our operations and processes. Build and maintain tools for deployment, application monitoring, self-healing systems.
- Work collaboratively with Software Developers and QA teams to support automation, deployment and configuration of new application releases.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to network, applications, operating systems and cloud services in our development, test and production environments.
- Conduct regular system reliability tests to identify unwanted behaviors and bottlenecks of the systems. Put in place various measurements tests and define proper metrics to be able to identify problems in the system as quick as possible.
- Collaborate with team members to determine the root cause of problems and the best course of action to resolve the problems.
- Implementation of effective documentation, monitoring, disaster recovery (i.e., back-ups) and user support systems and practices.
- Assist the IT leadership in the capacity planning for all systems; perform regular snapshots of system performance.
- Research, evaluate and recommend technologies to support business requirements, improve efficiency and lower operational costs.
- Provide technical solutions with limited resources. Implement new systems in production end to end.
Required to participate in the on-call rotation as assigned (weeknights/weekends) and act as main point of contact for Networking issues.
Qualifications (Must Haves):
- Degree or Diploma in Networking, Computer Science or Engineering
- Minimum of 5+ years of related experience as outlined above
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in Network Administration, working with network equipment specifically Cisco, Juniper, Nortel, Extreme network equipment, Radware, including maintenance and upgrades.
- Good experience working with Linux and Windows servers, use of best practices for system-level security, configuration management, and performance monitoring
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MSSQL, MySQL, Redis, NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of web serving software including Apache, IIS, NGINX, Varnish
- Working experience administering and using VMware environment.
- Working experience with Cloud administration (AWS, Azure and/or Google platforms).
- Clear understanding of multi-region deployment strategy, fault and update domains.
- Working experience with writing scripts to automate operations, server management and auto scaling.
- Working experience with automated Configuration Management tools such as CFEngine, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.
- Experience with Docker or other container-based platforms such as Kubernetes is an asset
- Solid experience with scripting languages: Perl, Python, PowerShell, Bash
- Strong knowledge of networking: routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, IDS/IPS, VPN, DNS, DHCP, BGP , AD etc.
- Good understanding of network security considerations, including the use of isolated networks, VPN, SSL, SSH, and firewalls to secure systems and networks
- Knowledge of source control platforms such as: SVN, GIT
- Experience with application performance monitoring and alerting systems, knowledge of tools such as SolarWind APM/Orion, Pingdom, Nagios is an asset
- Experience with JIRA software, JIRA ServiceDesk, Bitbucket and Confluence is an asset
- Experience with CI/CD of applications is an asset
- MCSE, MCP, RHCE, CCNA, CCNP, or CCIE is an asset
You are Made for This if You…
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and analytical skills, enabling comprehension and development of complex business and technical issues, topics, and plans.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to take initiative and demonstrate leadership
- Application & process support experience in 24/7 environment - work flexible hours when needed
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Agencies, we ask that you please not solicit.
Please note that part of our recruitment and selection process includes references and background checks. Our background checks include criminal, education, and employment checks.
Pelmorex Corp is committed to equity in the workplace.
What are we about? We’re the #1 weather company in Canada. We’re about providing current, accurate and detailed weather information. Our website is in the top 5 news sites in Canada and our weather app is the most popular weather app in Canada!
Why join us? Our founder, Pierre Morrissette, has built a culture where you feel like you’re a part of an extended family. People are friendly. People are accessible. People truly care about each other. Together we’re focused on the future and becoming the international leaders in weather information.
Just a few reasons to join our amazing team include competitive salary and benefits, a casual work environment and summer hours. We offer endless tea and fresh coffee, a busy social calendar of events and proximity to great amenities. We have plenty of free parking and are a few-minutes’ walk to the nearest bus stop.
Do you have what it takes? We’re looking for people who live and breathe our core values; people who have the WOW factor! Who handle themselves with HONESTY & INTEGRITY and through TEAMWORK & COLLABORATION will INSPIRE INNOVATION & DRIVE CHANGE! People who are RESULTS ORIENTED, have a PASSION FOR EXCELLENCE & EXECUTION and through FOCUS & TENACITY challenge the status quo and think outside the box. We’re looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers who can ENGAGE PEOPLE with their RESPECT & WIN-WIN attitude. Most of all, we’re looking for people who are passionate about what they do and about the weather. Does this sound like you?