Get your summer job lined up now! We are looking for temporary full-time Forklift Operators to work from May to the end of August in our clean, safe, state-of-the-art water bottling facility in Hope.
- Load trailers based on established load patterns.
- Production palletizer operation and changeovers
- Completion of palletizer/ wrapper PM’s as trained
- Safe performance of assigned tasks
- Proactive approach to safety and identifying potential hazards
- Follow all warehouse/ production process to ensure compliance
- Verify inventory while shipping/ racking using Visitrack
- Infinity testing/ quality reporting
- Perform pre-shift on forklifts before start of shift.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Load / ship only quality product.
- Report any un-safe act or observation
- Attach identifying tags or labels, as required
- Report damages and discrepancies for accounting, reimbursement and record-keeping purposes
- Engagement in all NCE/ TPM activities
- Manage relationships with peers and team-members to ensure achievements of department goals.
- Understand all department KPI’s and strive to improve output
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous forklift experience (current certification not required, we will provide)
- Secondary school diploma
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated administrative organizational skills
- Meets all technical skill requirements.
- Desire to contribute and make a difference.
- Physical ability to be able to occasionally hand stack cases when required, including lifting up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work on weekends and holidays as needed
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
Contract length: 4 months
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Wellness program
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Forklift Operator: 1 year (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
- Load and unload trucks
- Move and stack materials
- Keep production lines supplied with empty containers and packaging materials as needed
- Follow forklift operating guidelines and procedures
- Use warehouse management software
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place