Yorkland Controls is a major HVACR parts distributor and systems solutions provider providing controls,
access, lighting and building automation systems for our customers including:
facilities owners, engineers, contractors and management companies.
We are known for creating innovative, value-based controls supplier and building automation and
environmental controls systems tailored to meet the unique needs of the market.
Most recently, we have added smart connected building systems solutions.
Business Development, Smart Connected Systems – Ontario
As an Account Representative/ Business Development Representative, the individual will work closely with own customers and our sales team to grow and promote the sale of products and systems and smart solutions provided by Yorkland Controls.
- Participate in business development, client pitches, proposal development, and contract execution. through professional communication with existing and potential clients which include Mechanical Consultants, End-Users, Property Managers and Contractors.
- Work with an existing customer of Mechanical Service and Control Contractors to assist them to grow their business, offering control solutions
- Grow Controls Component sales, of non- Automation Systems
- Collaborate with peers on providing solutions and program development
- Provide education and consulting to clients on the benefits and business value of a holistic smart building approach
- Manage relationships with client to ensure alignment of objectives and deliverables
- Serve as a single point of contact for client solutions
- Help develop of business of our leading Controls Components and Systems Solutions
- Communicate sales opportunities and customer concerns or suggestions
- Identify and resolve client concerns; recommending a course of action to alleviate these concerns in the future
- Prepare Guide Specifications, estimates and budgets for target clients
- Support End-users, Consultants and Contractors in product and systems recommendation, design, fulfillment and after sales needs
- Expand market awareness of our products and our industry experience by communicating features and benefits of our products and systems effectively.
- Work with the engineering and analytics team to ensure customer project requirements are met
- Maintain records of customer communications and contact information as required
- Create technical presentations, webinars
- Prepare responses to RFP (request for proposals) and RFI (request for information)
- Attend and participate in trade shows, conferences and other marketing events
- Maintain awareness of pertinent client information, future plans, payment performance; communicate any client information that may affect company decisions to appropriate departments as needed
- Knowledgeable of the design tools and price calculations
- Research market requirements and market data
- Maintain knowledge of competitor products and identify and report intelligence on competitor pricing or marketing strategies
- Demonstrate and explain best practices in applying BAS controls and systems techniques
- Submit a variety of sales status reports as required, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals
- Submit quarterly customer visit plans; schedule client meetings and action plans for follow-up
- Is responsible for setting the customer’s expectations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Engineering or College degree in Technology, Engineering,or related field;
- Preferred SALES DEVELOPMENT experience working in, Construction, and Energy
- Preferred SALES experience calling on Mechanical /HVAC Service Companies
- Extensive interaction with clients at a senior level as well at a field level
- Technical writing skills experience
- Project and Program Management experience
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience; 10+ years, preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Smart Building Systems
- System Integration
- Building Automation
- Technology (IT)
- Sales &/or Business Development Skills
- Public Speaking
- Work from home office or Yorkland GTA offices
- Travel required – approximately 50% - 80%
Please forward resume with subject: GTA Sales Development
Yorkland Controls Limited
2693 Steeles Ave West
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
Application Questions You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of business development experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you in Greater Toronto Area, ON?
- Do you have the following licence or certification: Driver's Licence?
- Do you speak English?
Job Type: Full-time
- Mechanical Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
- HVACR sales: 5 years (Preferred)
- HVACR Business Development: 5 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)