Meet Lowe’s Canada, a team of more than 28,000 employees across the country who all share the same purpose: to help Canadians love where they live. Our associates demonstrate this commitment every day by constantly seeking to satisfy their customers and by putting their heart into making a difference in the communities we serve.
Our home improvement family operates or services more than 630 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, Dick’s Lumber, Contractor First, and Ace banners are always looking for dedicated associates to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
So, join a Canadian leader headquartered in Boucherville, Quebec, be part of something bigger as we expand our horizon and discover a world of opportunities!
Responsible for account management of assigned accounts, including, price negotiation, sourcing special product, relationship building and qualifying new business. Aggressively pursues new leads to develop new accounts to promote RONA inc. as the supplier of choice.
1. Develops and maintains sales for assigned accounts. Establishes a schedule for maintaining contact with established accounts, developing strong relationships with existing business. Provides a service to customer base including price and delivery quotation, sourcing new or unusual products, and completing material estimates as needed. Negotiates with customer to secure order. Creates orders and coordinates delivery to customer through expediting team, RONA Direct or with delivery department
2. Reviews material requirements with customer, including qualifying blueprint and material take-offs. Prepare quantity estimate and sales quotes. Prepares quotes securing approval for specially priced orders.
3. Sources special or non-stock items from vendors including price negotiation and delivery times and ensures special order purchaser has information to place order. Arranges for pick up from supplier as needed.
4. Identifies new customers in the territory and establishes contact to gain understanding of business needs. Proceeds to present RONA inc. as a potential vendor and works to secure first order.
5. Reviews monthly accounts receivable aging report with Credit Administrator. Works with credit department to follow up on overdue accounts. Arranges to pick up cheques or establishes special payment terms with customer as approved by Credit Administrator.
6. Meets regularly with Director to reviews sales performance of assigned accounts and determine growth and development opportunities. Reviews and makes recommendations to Director to delete or add assigned accounts as needed. Attends regular sales meetings and stays current of industry and market trends.
7. Visits job sites regularly to establish relationships with customer, stay current with ongoing projects and take proactive action on utilization of materials compared with quantity estimated and shipped.
8. Performs other job related duties as required.
### Exigences du poste
- Position requires the ability to assess opportunities and adopt sales strategies to correspond with general market place and competitive pressures.
- Position requires excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Position requires excellent communication skill and strong interpersonal skills to deal with customer base and co-workers.
- Position requires decisiveness and persuasiveness when negotiating with customers and suppliers.
- Position requires tact, good judgment and a strong customer service orientation.
- Position requires a general knowledge of building materials and construction techniques.
- Position requires accuracy and close attention to detail when preparing quotations and orders.
- Position requires flexibility to manage and ensure timely completion of multiple tasks.
- Position requires a commitment to work schedules beyond the norm.
- Position involves exposure to risk and danger when driving and visiting job sites.
- Position requires exposure to extreme temperature changes, loud noise and dirt when visiting job sites.
- Normal office work environment contains minimal risks or discomforts when in the office