Looking for employment and want to stay ahead of the competition? Do you want to work for a place that knows how to work hard AND have fun? If you’re ready to break the bonds of chain-affiliated hotel regimes and achieve service excellence, Brookstreet is the place to be! This 276 room luxury hotel is located in the heart of Ottawa’s high tech community and is guaranteed to offer unique experiences for guests and employees alike. Are you ready to break the bonds of typical chain-affiliated hotel regimes and drive innovation in your area of expertise?
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate and creative aspiring individual with result focus. Supporting the Director and Manager of Human Resources, the Human Resources Coordinator will collaborate with leaders and partners to facilitate the smooth operation of the administrative aspects of the Human Resources function within the Brookstreet Hotel & The Marshes Golf Club.
Work location will be at Brookstreet Hotel. This 276 room luxury hotel is located in the heart of Ottawa’s high tech community and is guaranteed to offer unique experiences for guests and employees alike.
The Marshes Golf Club at Brookstreet brings one of the nation's finest golf experiences to the doorstep of Ottawa’s thriving business community, with a professional team that offers development golf coaching programs and lessons that ensure positive evolution in all golfers at all levels.
Are you ready to break the bonds of typical chain-affiliated hotel regimes and drive innovation in your area of expertise?
Brookstreet has been awarded:
- 2019 CAA 4 Diamond Award
- 2019 Favourite Hotel Faces Magazine Award
- 2019 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for Brookstreet Hotel
- 2019-2020 Employer Choice Awards from the Ottawa Business Journal
Why Work for us?
- Free covered parking;
- We will feed you! Employee cafeteria serving hot meals, salad bar, pop, coffee & more;
- We provide uniforms (and we clean them);
- Paid personal days;
- Discounted hotel stays for you, your friends & family;
- Discounts on gym memberships, spa, golf, mini golf, restaurants & café;
- Great social events including; annual Employee gala, kid’s Christmas party, summer anniversary party, Employee appreciation week and more;
- Hotel training program, plus when you complete it, we give you a free night stay with a dining voucher;
- Quarterly recognition & award celebrations;
- RRSP for part time Employees;
- Medical Benefits & DPSP provided for full time Employees;
- Employee assistance program with additional perks;
- Leadership development training program;
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an administrative position;
- College Degree; preferably in an administrative field, Human Resources or Hospitality;
- Experience working with HRIS system – Ceridian Dayforce an asset;
- Working toward or earned designation in CHRP;
- Must have a high level of attention to detail and the ability to multitask;
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality;
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills;
- Advanced Computer skills; specifically with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Publisher);
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced work environment while executing delegated tasks and assignments;
- Highly motivated self-starter focused on quality, organization, integrity, guest service and teamwork;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Event planning experience is an asset;
- Be able to work 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, and be available for occasional weekends for special events;
- Providing administrative support for all aspect of human resources including recruitment, benefits, employee training, employee communication, employee events and recognition programs as well as health and safety;
- Attend job fair recruitment and networking events, conduct presentations of properties and job postings;
- Manage and post on recruitment boards internal and external; screen resumes, schedule and conduct in person or phone interviews; maintain follow ups with HR Manager and initiate employment offers;
- Support with filing, reference checks, declines, follow ups and orientation;
- Conduct weekly training for new employees; update presentations with relevant information and conduct hotel tours;
- Manage group benefits administration, track, pull reports and manage revisions;
- Compile various survey results, track and follow up with Director of Human Resources;
- Track and manage maternity/paternity leaves; support with exit and returning checklists;
- Follow up and track contract extensions;
- Track and manage staff recognitions programs & Anniversaries;
- Support with initial intake of WSIB and Short Term Disability Claims;
- Answer a wide variety of inquiries from co-workers and from prospective employees, in person and over the telephone in a timely manner;
- Compose correspondence as required i.e. bank letters, employment letters, mail merges and response letters;
- Manage all office administration duties (office equipment, supplies, forms, employee lockers, orientation preparation, employee access cards) ensuring smooth paper flow and maintaining the orderliness of the office;
- Manage our internal communications digital screen and EAP posts;
- Post on social media sites; highlighting company brand and culture;
- Aid in the creation of policies and forms;
- Plan logistic of employee events (monthly, quarterly and annual events) as well as training sessions;
- Lead employee social event committee on a quarterly basis;
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by the Director and Manager of Human Resources;
Apply online, Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or visit us at our Open Interview Sessions every Fridays between 1:00-4:00pm or Tuesdays 3:00-6:00pm at Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Drive, Ottawa, K2K 2W2 – Human Resources (Casting) Office.
Brookstreet is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin. Brookstreet Hotel welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities, to support the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11 for the Employment Standards set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodations and/or a copy of these documents in an alternate format for reasons related to a disability, please contact our Casting Department (Human Resources) at 613-271-3592. To review our AODA IASR Employment Policy please contact the Casting department.