Taro Pharmaceuticals is a multinational, specialty pharmaceutical company with a vision of reaching people and touching lives globally as a leading provider of valued medicines. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of our customers and the overall community through the innovation, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Established in 1950, Taro’s world class production facility is located in Brampton, Ontario, with a current team of over 600 Canadian employees. Our company’s focus on the dermatology sector has made us a leading manufacturer and supplier of specialized topical products with a diverse portfolio of creams, ointments, liquids, and gels.
With support from our parent company, Sun Pharma, one of the world’s largest specialty generic pharmaceutical companies, we are committed to providing a healthy, safe and rewarding environment for all of our employees.
Our reward packages have been designed to meet the needs of our diverse workforce and their families. For additional information visit: www.taro.ca.
What we offer:
A safe and clean; GMP regulated work environment
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- A competitive wage/salary
- Incentive bonus programs that are designed to reward employees for their individual contributions
- Benefit programs designed to support our employees and their families, including a comprehensive health & dental benefits package, group RRSP matching program, direct access to healthcare and well-being programs, and paid time off
- Employee training and organizational development programs including tuition reimbursement, internal mobility programs, and employee recognition programs
Our Brampton location is presently looking for an Line Service Technician (Dayshift contract) to join our team.
Operate filling and packaging equipment in a safe manner and maintain compliance with cGMP and SOP requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Work with safety in mind with respect to all assigned tasks
- Supply filling lines with components and bulk for packaging
- Ensure drum and lot changes are completed effectively and on time with minimal bulk waste
- Monitor and adjust fill weights throughout the operation ensuring minimal overfill
- Assemble and disassemble equipment such as fillers, manifolds, tube holders and supply pumps
- Perform line changeovers, set up and troubleshooting
- Prepare detergent and sanitizing agents with the correct dilution factor
- Sanitize filling rooms as per standard operating procedure
- Perform housekeeping tasks such as washing floors, walls etc.
- Participate in Line Clearance Processes both inside filling rooms and in packaging
- Complete G.M.P. documents right first time, such as the cleaning & sanitization records, non-stationary equipment logs and batch records
- Wash and sanitize wetted change parts for fillers and supply pumps
- Operate filling units and cartonners as required
- Troubleshoot rapidly and effectively to ensure minimal line downtime
- Ensure all measures are in place and procedures followed to prevent contamination of the filling room, bulk products and equipment
- Support line leader to ensure smooth operation and execution of shop order
- Assist with training of new hires
- Assist Line Mechanics as required
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent
- 2 years experience in a pharmaceutical or related industry.
- Exposure to cGMP
- Experience with mechanical set-ups on the packing, filling, process in a pharmaceutical, food or similar GMP environment
- Fork lift certification an asset
- WHMIS training an asset
- Ability to use a computer and Microsoft software.
- Excellent math skills.
- Fluent in English (verbal, reading and writing skills),
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Mechanical aptitude.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to email@example.com referencing Line Service Technician (Dayshift) in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.