The Children’s Cottage Society is a charitable agency established in Calgary in 1986. The Society’s mission is “Preventing harm and neglect to all children and building strong families through support services, respite programs, and crisis nurseries”; our vision is to achieve “Safe Children in Healthy Families”.
We are looking for a results-orientated individual to raise $1.5 M for the organization. Reporting to the Director of Development, the successful candidate will be a well-rounded and experienced professional in the fund development arena of the non-profit sector. This is an exciting time to join the Society as we are embarking on a new chapter of growth and launching a Capital Campaign.
- Execute the implementation of annual, corporate, foundation, major gifts programs; including the preparation and creation of grant applications, direct mail, and corporate proposals.
- Develop the annual Fund Development plan and budget in collaboration with the Director of Development.
- Achieve operational fundraising goals.
- Proficiency in utilizing Raiser’s Edge to analyze and manage donor data including stewardship, trends and communication.
- Research and prioritize prospects for potential donations.
- Support the process to develop relationships with donors through a donor stewardship program.
- Coordination, planning, and development of special events for the Society.
- Manage fundraising correspondence, report on outcomes, and provide reports to donors and the Society as required.
- Create and manage peer-to-peer fundraising platform.
- Participates in speaking engagements as required by the Society
- Stays abreast of news, activities and trends related to non-profit marketing and development.
- Manage and receive donation phone calls from the public i.e. donating gift in kind or third party events.
- Support and attend third party events taking place in the evening or weekends.
- Support the Capital Campaign.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area and/or 2 years of direct experience in fund development;
- Proven track record of successful donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop and maintain solid relationships with corporate partners, individual donors, volunteer boards, committees, peers and support staff;
- Ability to effectively articulate mission, strategic vision and values of the organization to a wide range of constituents;
- Familiarity with current communication and marketing trends and the usage of social media;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with proven public speaking abilities;
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in all Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Intermediate knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and NetCommunity is an asset. Experience with a similar data base management system will be considered.
- Member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP);
Please send a cover letter, resume and salary expectations quoting Competition # FDM2019 toElisha Jackson, Director of Development
Application Deadline: Until successful candidate is recruited.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants however will only contact those invited for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year