Hollyburn Country Club is a private family Club that provides its members with an exclusive hub for activity, sport, dining, entertainment, socialization and business. Located in the beautiful British Properties in West Vancouver, the club is a short 5 minute drive from Park Royal or a bus right to the front gate.
The Sports Boutique is named after its eclectic blending of sports and unique boutique items. The Sports Boutique specializes in finding and supporting local artists and designers, sourcing items that you won’t find at your local mall.
We pride ourselves on the excellent employee experience that we offer and we are firm believers that everyone should enjoy their work. We offer benefits for both full and part time employees, employee engagement initiatives (staff events and games), employee recognition programs and development opportunities.
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Liz Morrison – Sports Boutique Manager
Location: Hollyburn Country Club, 950 Cross Creek Road, West Vancouver, BC
- Welcome members and guests into the store and answer their questions
- Assess customers’ needs and provide/offer assistance to ensure member satisfaction
- Product knowledge: provide information on product features
- Build productive trust relationships with members
- Smile! And laugh out loud!
Merchandising and Window Displays:
- Merchandising a product mix of sports equipment, giftware, jewelry and clothing
- Taking responsibility and initiative of the satellite boutique which consists of tennis clothing and giftware
- Planning in-store seasonal displays and display windows around the Club
- Reviewing priorities with supervisor; discussing special instructions, product promotions, new products and price changes
- Maintaining customer relationships by visiting with store managers, department managers and employees; answering their questions, responding to special requests, describing product features
- Maintaining store shelves by observing displays of company products, removing damaged or freshness-dated products, tidying store shelves and providing optimum display of products
- Maintaining inventory by restocking shelves with products from inventory; observing inventory levels, prompting store management to reorder; arranging for return and credit for damaged products
- Helping field sales representatives with special promotions by setting up displays, checking daily on special promotions, observing member reaction to special promotions, forwarding observations to management, removing promotions at end of promotion period
- Process vendor shipment errors and claims
- Receive and price merchandise
- Photocopy and file as needed
- Deal with special orders from members and within the Club’s internal departments as needed
- Sports Boutique internal weekly updates
- Written and oral communication with company/vendor representatives
- Interdepartmental event communication
- Inventory counts
- Create in-store sales posters
- Assist in the marketing strategy for the event calendar year
- Must be able to work late hours, when needed, due to Club events and inventory taking
- Must be able to lift and move heavy boxes, display racks, etc.
- Available for a 7-day rotation roster; available to work flexible shifts
- You are able to switch focus almost instantly to keep up with the fast paced environment
- You are personable, adaptable and service-oriented
- Proven work experience as a Retail Sales associate, Sales representative or similar role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Strong interpersonal, multi - tasking and organisational skills
- Drivers licence and vehicle preferred
- You agree to get a Criminal Record Check with a vulnerable sector search at your local Police Department immediately upon being hired --- you will be reimbursed for this expense in full.
- You go above and beyond to demonstrate awareness and understanding of Hollyburn’s aim to deliver exceptional service to its members.
- Competitive wages & extended health benefits*
- On-duty staff meals (taxable benefit for full-time and part-time employees only)
- Free on-site parking
- Rewards and recognition programs
- Development and educational opportunities
- Career advancement opportunities
- Seasonal staff team building events & activities
- Exclusive access to Facebook At Work©, our new internal communication tool for HCC Staff
- Staff discount in the Sports Boutique
*PT and FT staff eligible for benefits after passing 3-month probationary review
Sounds like Hollyburn Country Club will be a great fit for you? Apply today!
Job Type: Full-time
- Merchandising: 1 year (Preferred)
- Retail: 1 year (Preferred)