The position is responsible for delivering quality reporting, analytics and general data support to monitor key performance indicators at the retail level that include analyzing sales data, product mix optimization, marketing initiatives, relevant cost drivers, etc. The financial analyst is part of a team of 3 analysts in ensuring the quality, accuracy, confidentiality and timeliness of their reporting.
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the weekly and monthly reporting packages to management and Operations Supervisors.
- Create, consolidate and enhance reporting templates in serving the needs of the users.
- Act as a quality control point to make sure all reports/data are accurate.
- Ensure all information requests are approved for distribution and that confidentiality parameters are respected.
- Demonstrate understanding of key performance indicators in the retail industry in relation to assessing Sarku’s retail level performances.
- Assist MIS manager in the annual budget process by conducting in-depth account analysis in support of the final budget figures.
- Support AVP, Finance, CFO and other C-Level executives with ad hoc analyses and financial modeling as required
- Monitor store performance by comparing actual retail level results against forecasts/budgets and provide support data to explain variances.
- Demonstrate a functional understanding of Business Intelligence/reporting tools.
- Assist MIS manager in collecting operational and financial data for use.
- Update and maintain reporting structure to reflect the changes in reporting requirements.
- Post-secondary education in accounting or related discipline
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Advanced MS Office skills is a must (Excel, VBA, PowerPoint)
- Result driven and ability to manage competing priorities
- Working towards a professional accounting/finance designation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Functional knowledge in Data Science
- QSR industry experience is a plus
- Fluent in English and Chinese (Cantonese/Mandarin)
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $36,000.00 to $46,500.00 /year
- Cantonese (Preferred)
- Mandarin (Preferred)