John Bead is an importer, distributor and manufacture in the bead and arts & craft industry since 1954. We are looking for an energetic and reliable replenishment buyer to join our team.
- Analyze current and historical inventory and sales performance, and make appropriate recommendations by identifying and adjusting replenishments factors such as, min/max/lead time//turnover
- Execute initiatives to address in-season inventory flow and quality.
- In conjunction with the Marketing and the Buyers/Planners, ensure promotional readiness and in-stock of key items
- Experience with importing and Bill of Lading Docs from offshore vendors (ie. China, Taiwan, Korea) & the ability to negotiate pricing & terms with those vendors
- Analyze sales and on hand data, forecast future requirements, and ensure the appropriate amount of stock is kept on hand to fulfill orders. Expediting on-time delivery to avoid inventory shortages and customer chargebacks.
- Maintain a High Fill Rate
- Follow up with Vendors to ensure on time delivery
- Issue and Confirms Purchase Orders
- Keeps respective purchasing employees up-to-date on supplier status and general efficiency through internal company meetings
- Data Entry
- Assists in the maintenance of appropriate administrative requirements relative to procurement of all commodities including quotations, price lists, quality assessments, etc.
- Working in advance to get multiple quotes from Suppliers.
- Resolving issues and developing processes and practices to improve ongoing services. Sourcing alternate suppliers
- Hold vendors accountable for additional costs and negotiate credits as necessary.
- Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency of information, share best practices and develop/expand systems knowledge.
- Report preparation as requested
- Other ad hoc assignments
Two-year community college
12 Months of Merchandise Flow Coordinator experience
Ability to research, analyze data and formulate key recommendations, analytical skills
Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills, and knowledge of Outlook and Word
Experience using an ERP
Knowledge of production planning process
Ability to build/improve processes and operate clearly in an ambiguous environment
Exhibits high standards and accountability, takes pride in accuracy.
Good Organizational Skills
Work independently with minimal supervision
What We Offer:
Pleasant and Friendly Work Environment
After one Year
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time