Areas of Responsibility:
Ensures efficient operation of banquet functions by coordinating and providing work direction for banquet staff
- Holds pre-function briefing to determine specifications of each function
- Ensures quality service by assigning employees to work stations
- Ensures that servers take care of every guest and are alert at all times to see that our guest are given every attention
- Provides work direction to servers; verifies that servers are at work as scheduled
- Handles guest concerns and complaints promptly and tactfully
- Works closely with kitchen to coordinate cooking, food presentation and delivery times for each function
- Completes dish and food requisitions as necessary
- Ensures that employees follow proper sanitation practices
- Supervises the handling, storage and security of all kitchen and banquet equipment used in function
- Reports all maintenance problems to appropriate personnel
- Inspects rooms and public areas for cleanliness
- Performs all other duties as required
- Provides employees with the information needed to perform their job effectively
- Orients employees to the department and hotel and provides on-the-job training on job responsibilities
- Prioritizes and assigns work
- Provides feedback to the employee and department manager on the employee’s performance of job responsibilities
- Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing Canad Four Star service and by exceeding guest expectations
- Communicates and demonstrates Canad Four Star service to other employees
- Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
- Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
- Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate to use the 100% Guest Satisfaction Guarantee
- Performs other duties as required to provide Canad Four Star service
Focus On the Guest… Seek to understand the guest, internal and external guest and meet and exceed the needs of both the customer and the company.
Attend to Detail… Ensure that work is accurate, thorough and to the highest standards.
Develop Self and Others… Continually work to develop own capabilities and the capabilities of others.
Improve Continuously… Constantly assess and adapt current practices to perform a task better, faster, or more efficiently.
Foster Teamwork… Work well in a team environment and motivate teams to sustain exceptional levels of performance.
Communicate Effectively… Clarify and provide information so that coworkers, customers, and suppliers understand and can take action.
Build Strong Relationships… Foster trust and cooperation among coworkers, customers, and suppliers; develop and sustain personal contact in order to provide mutual benefit.
Demonstrate Openness and Respect for Others… Value and remain open to new ideas and perspectives.
Key Skills and Requirements:
Stand-up and/or One-on-one Training… Skilled in the use of techniques and strategies required to deliver training material in group and one-on-one settings.
Performance Management, Supervisory… Demonstrate ability to relate to, communicate with, and motivate employees to sustain high performance and quality levels.
Organization… Demonstrate ability to proactively prioritize needs, put first things first, and effectively manage resources and time.