Canada Remote Worker
The Emmes Company, LLC (“Emmes”) is a global, full-service Clinical Research Organization dedicated to excellence in supporting the advancement of public health and biopharmaceutical innovation. We believe in the power of truth, so much so that we named our company Emmes, which means truth. Through decades of experience we have learned that collaborative relationships thrive and human health benefits when truth is our compass.
Our “Character Achieves Results” culture is driven by five key values that guide our actions in the way we conduct research and distinguish us as an organization: Integrity, Agility, Passion for Excellence, Collaborative Partnerships and Intellectual Curiosity. We are a trusted partner to clients who share our passion for improving public health in a world of ever-changing scientific research.
If you share our motivations and passion in research, come join us! You will be joining a collaborative culture that empowers every Emmes employee — from entry level through top executive — to contribute to our clients’ success by sharing ideas openly and honestly.
The Biostatistician collaborates with clinical investigators to determine study design, contributes to protocol development, writes statistical analysis plans, performs statistical analysis and inference and writes and presents reports summarizing findings including publications in peer-reviewed journals. The Biostatistician develops systems for monitoring the quality of clinical data. The Biostatistician ensures high-quality statistical support is provided for clinical trials, registries and basic research using advanced statistical skills and knowledge of clinical research. The Biostatistician maintains expertise in state-of-the-art data manipulation and statistical methodology.
- Collaborates with clinical investigators to determine study design
- Writes sections of protocols that require statistical input
- Reviews protocols and case report forms to ensure that protocol objectives are met and standards are maintained
- Generates treatment allocations in randomized clinical research studies and ensures proper implementation
- Leads the project team’s development of statistical analysis plans and programs to perform analyses and display study data
- Performs statistical analyses, writes and validates application programs
- Implements data and safety monitoring reports to ensure participants safety
- Develops metrics and generates quality control reports to optimize the performance of clinical sites and the coordinating center
- Generates study reports to be distributed to internal and external monitoring committees and regulatory bodies
- Authors or contributes to manuscripts and/or scientific presentations
- Participates in professional development activities both within and outside the company
- Masters in biostatistics or statistics with clinical research experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with statistical methods and applications in clinical research
- Competent in SAS programming language and/or R
- Expertise in state-of-the-art data manipulation and statistical methodology
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts, both written and oral
CONNECT WITH US!!
The Emmes Company, LLC is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.