Towards Recovery Clinics Inc. (TRC) are drug treatment rehab centers in Ontario with the philosophy to help individuals take control of their addiction and help them rebuild their lives and careers.
TRC’s strength is our teams of health care professionals, specially certified and with the credentials, training, and expertise necessary to treat patients who have become addicted or dependent on prescription or street narcotics.
Please visit our website for more information- www.towardsrecovery.com/
About the Position
The Medical Lab Assistant is a first line contact with all clinic visitors. Daily interaction with the public, clients and their families and with a multi-disciplinary healthcare team of professionals is a key function and daily task. Being compassionate, friendly and able to understand the difficulties our clients face when entering an Addiction Treatment Clinic is essential. Stress can be a factor, so the individual should be calm and complacent when dealing with this aspect.
You have superb communication skills, and the ability to provide information over the phone or in person to all potential clients and visitors.
Duties and Skills Required
- Under the delegation and supervision of a health practitioner, you routinely initiate client urinalysis (UDS) checks, allowing health practitioner to determine appropriate client treatment option(s).
- Answer phones and assist callers by providing basic information about the treatment program and its facilities. (Connect to Counsellor and/or qualified staff based on caller’s inquiry)
- Check and verify client’s registration and/or payments (health card information), populating and maintaining client’s profile.
- Books applicable client’s appointments as directed by designated healthcare staff.
- Completes product and medical supplies inventory, faxing/emailing appropriate checklist outlined in TRC policy & procedure manual.
- Opens and closes clinic daily and on a consistent basis as outlines in the procedures and protocols manual.
- Produce and maintain appropriate records and reports as required by TRC policy and protocol, Provincial and Federal Regulations.
- Maintains a sanitary work site, keeps daily records of clinic cleaning pertaining to health and safety.
- Orients and trains new staff as directed by Managers on TRC policy, procedures and protocols.
- Provides support to other clinics with daily operations as delegated by Managers.
- Minimal completion of a secondary school education a MUST
- Completion of a post-secondary education in Medical/Health and/or Office Administration from an accreditation institution is a valued plus.
- Experience in a Medical Office or Clinic setting is a STRONG ASSET.
- Experience in performing Venipuncture, Urinalysis testing (UDS) and ECG is a requirement.
- Experience in IM Injection is a requirement, or must have the ability to obtain.
- Valid and up-to-date CPR or HCP certification an asset
- Valid and up-to-date criminal records check.
- Sound computer and documentation (manual/computer based) skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to interact with a multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals.
- A people person with great problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to interact with diverse and cultural clients, showing compassion, sensitivity and support
Kitchener, ON (1 Vacancy) – This is a casual opportunity at TRC Kitchener location.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their resume in confidence, quoting file number: 001-OATC-498.
Position: The selected candidate must have successfully obtained their injections course or will be registered upon awarding of the position.
Towards Recovery Clinics remains an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for all applicants upon request at any stage of the selection process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $16.49 /hour
- Medical Lab Assistant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Phlebotomy: 2 years (Required)
- Injections: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Kitchener, ON (Preferred)