Development Manager, Western Canada
The Fraser Institute has an opening in our Calgary office for a Development Manager. This position is ideal for a fundraising professional who is looking for a rewarding and challenging career opportunity. The person we seek has experience in fundraising, an interest in public policy, is well-spoken, can engage comfortably with high level donors, and has established connections within the business community.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Execute all regional fundraising goals and initiate and implement a plan to meet those objectives through individual and corporate donations greater than $5,000, sponsorship and table sales for the Institute’s annual fundraising galas in Western Canada and other donor engagement initiatives;
- Develop and implement strategies to identify, cultivate and secure new major individual and corporate donors;
- Manage the recognition and stewardship of individual and corporate donors;
- Articulate the case for support to donors for the Institute generally and for specific research centers and projects;
- Stay current on Fraser Institute research, outreach and activities;
- Lead and manage all donor correspondence with regional donor base;
- Mentor, motivate and supervise the work of direct reports;
- Oversee the management of all electronic donor records related to your portfolio of donors;
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Institute’s development team, research and program directors, and the Institute’s executive team;
- Frequent travel and after hours work required.
- You are passionate about public policy and the Institute’s mission;
- You have worked in the non-profit sector in a similar role for a minimum of 3 years’ and have demonstrated success in reaching significant fundraising targets through prospecting, donor development and event sponsorship/ticket sales;
- You love to network and have established relationships within the Canadian business community;
- You have experience mentoring and developing fundraising staff;
- You have professional writing and editing experience, including writing and editing fundraising emails, letters and proposals;
- You have excellent verbal communication skills and are able to present yourself in a professional, confident manner both in person and over the phone;
- You’re an ambitious go-getter with strong organizational skills and you pay close attention to detail, with a demonstrated ability to work independently, manage multiple projects, prioritize, work to deadlines, and you are excited to learn and grow with the organization.
- You have experience with fundraising software including Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work alongside some of the most accomplished policy experts and business leaders in the country;
- A collegial work environment that encourages sharing ideas and learning;
- Professional development and advancement opportunities;
- An attractive compensation package which includes a bonus program, extended health and dental benefits, a fitness benefit and a great RRSP plan.
How to apply:
If you are looking for a rewarding and challenging career opportunity with room to grow in a team of talented, results-driven professionals, raising in excess of $12 million annually please visit our website for more details on how to apply:
Please do NOT apply directly through Indeed.
Application deadline: October 31st, 2019. We will be reviewing applicants as they are received.
The Fraser Institute is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free work environment and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Workplace accommodation are available should you be contacted regarding this competition. Please advise Human Resources of any accommodation requirements at that time.
We thank all candidates who wish to apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED DIRECTLY THROUGH INDEED WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
Please see our website for more details on how to apply.
Job Type: Full-time