About Rayonier Advanced Materials
Rayonier Advanced Materials is a global leader of cellulose-based technologies, including high purity cellulose specialties, a natural polymer commonly found in filters, food, pharmaceuticals and other industrial applications. The Company also manufactures products for lumber, paper and packaging markets. With manufacturing operations in the U.S., Canada and France, Rayonier Advanced Materials employs approximately 4,000 people and generates approximately $1.8 billion of revenues. More information is available athttps://www.rayonieram.com .
Rayonier Advanced Materials’ intellectual property and manufacturing processes have been developed over 86 years, resulting in unique properties and very high quality and consistency. Rayonier Advanced Materials is consistently ranked among the nation’s top 50 exporters and delivers products to 79 ports around the world, serving customers in 20 countries across five continents.
PRIMARY FOCUS Supervise all maintenance activities of the business unit to achieve optimum productivity, quality, efficiency and cost effectiveness and maintain sound human resources management.
Direct (accountable for / authority over):
- Supervise the business unit’s maintenance activities by optimizing material, labour and equipment used to achieve or exceed quality and production targets as well as financial objectives (cost control and reduction).
- Supervise, direct and coach employees to ensure their maximum performance, identify and meet training needs pertaining to their job, health and safety and the environment.
- Operate within the scope of the safety expectations as defined for the role.
- Apply a preventive and predictive maintenance program in conjunction with the Maintenance Planner through system and equipment inspections to maximize their reliability.
- Ensure proper follow-up takes place on all performed tasks.
- Work with all supervisors to ensure maximum performance and efficiency.
- Perform all shift administrative duties (reports: maintenance, time sheets, incidents, downtime investigations, performance, training, employee turnover, environment, etc.) in compliance with the labour agreement in force.
- Review production, quality control, maintenance, down time and statistical reports and work orders to optimally plan own activities.
- Identify, recommend and/or implement changes designed to improve production procedures, equipment performance, working conditions and product quality to maximize the section’s efficiency.
- Ensure employees comply with Company rules, policies, programs and procedures and health, safety and environmental legislation. Indirect (accountable for / under other managers authority):
- Co-operate with business unit departments to ensure process optimization and maintain product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Assist maintenance planer and weekend supervisor in identifying and preparing weekend work requirements.
- Maintain the vacation matrix including approvals for all maintenance personnel.
- Maintain the shift scheduling matrix in coordination with the maintenance supervisors.
- College diploma in related field
- 5-10 years experience in similar position