Do you love seeking out, developing, and implementing solutions to help transform workflows into well-supported and easy-to-understand application solutions?
_If this is you, we have the perfect role for you!
We are looking for a Business/Application Analyst to join our I.T. team. This role plays a significant role in reducing reliance on external suppliers and increasing the scalability of bioLytical’s technical infrastructure. Our Business/Application Analyst will help develop and implement an internal knowledge base of solutions, improving efficiency to transform workflows with innovative application solutions. Reporting to the I.T. manager, this is a role where you can use your experience and problem-solving to run with initiatives to achieve the defined goalposts.
How You Contribute
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of the end-to-end business workflow and requirements while defining application solutions that adhere to and support I.T. strategic plans
- Become a subject matter expert in each of the application solutions within the organization to ensure that the capabilities of those systems are maximized
- Provide all aspects of application and environment support to members of the business community, including internal and external stakeholders.
- Deploy application solutions that ensure the scalability and adaptability of business objectives are addressed
- Ensure that a strong integration between systems and applications is achieved with minimal manual intervention
What You Bring
- Familiarity with quality management/change control disciplines, particularly as related to the biotech industry
- Experience with scripting languages (VBS, PowerShell)
- Ability to conduct SQL ad-hoc reporting and data analysis
- Familiarity with Salesforce or similar CRM solutions
- Solid understanding of project management principles and frameworks
- Knowledge of Crystal and/or PowerBI reporting
- Ability to conduct root cause analysis and workflow analysis
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality when dealing with company and employee information
- Ability to work independently, organize, prioritize and handle multiple assignments
*What You Have
- Relevant post-secondary education or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 + years in a business/application analyst role
- Transferable experience related to the Syspro ERP system
- Salesforce administration experience an asset
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate across all levels of management
- Outstanding verbal and written communication
- A strong analytical ability and sound decision making with accuracy and attention to detail
- Innovative mindset and consideration of all viewpoints
- Openness and willingness to embrace change
- The ability to take your work serious, but not yourself, i.e., have fun!
*What We Offer
In addition to a competitive compensation package, our total rewards include extended medical, dental and vision benefits. We offer a focus on mental health and well-being with our own bWell program and an exclusive in-house gym and shower facilities. We have a generous paid-time-off account to draw from, including a paid day off on your birthday each year. In 2020 we launched learning & development opportunities with industry experts to develop core leadership skills and mental health in the workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from all qualified individuals.
- A competitive compensation packages
- Extended health benefits including dental, optometry, and RMT
- Flexible working hours
- Bonus day off with pay on your birthday every year!
- Paid sick days
- Complimentary reserved parking
- Opportunity to work with industry experts who are motivated and passionate about what they do but also like to have fun
- A chance to show off your dance moves and singing voice at the company parties and jump in to score a victory or lead the way in our outdoor games at the summer barbeques
- The opportunity to join an ‘off the charts’ foodie culture in our large kitchen and try out your favourite recipes or enjoy the culinary delights as they hit the share table.
bioLytical Laboratories Inc. is a privately-owned Canadian company focused on the research, development and commercialization of rapid in-vitro medical diagnostics using its proprietary INSTI® technology platform. bioLytical has won several local and industry awards, including B.C. Exporter of the Year in 2019. We have been named Lifesciences B.C.’s Growth Stage Med Tech Company of the Year and have been featured on B.C.’s Fastest Growing Companies four years in a row, including the Globe and Mail’s Fastest Growing Companies list in 2020. bioLytical moved to a significantly larger, state-of-the-art facility in Richmond, B.C., in 2020 to accommodate the extraordinary growth achieved through our team. Providing accurate results in one minute or less, the INSTI® range includes the INSTI® HIV-1/HIV-2 Antibody Test, INSTI® Multiplex HIV Syphilis Ab Test, INSTI® HIV Self Test, INSTI® COVID-19 Antibody Test, and now the INSTI® HCV Antibody Test. bioLytical sells its products in Europe, North America, South America, Africa, and Asia.
By delivering accurate results in real-time, INSTI® generates meaningful outcomes for medical professionals, patients, and public health organizations worldwide and is a key partner in tackling some of the world’s most severe healthcare challenges.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations