Meridian OneCap Credit Corp (MOCC) is an equipment and finance company providing a broad range of financial services to businesses throughout Canada. Our parent, Meridian Credit Union, has over 70 years of banking history and is Ontario’s largest credit union.
MOCC (formerly Roynat Lease Finance) is a provider of asset financing in the form of capital leases. We are committed to being the best provider of specialized equipment financing services to strategic vendors across Canada. Our service-oriented culture and exceptional group of professionals serves to provide our strategic partners with value-added service and constructive solutions.
Who we are!
Meridian OneCap Credit Corp provides customized leasing solutions both to help companies sell equipment and to companies that have chosen to lease equipment, rather than buy. For manufacturers and vendors, we enable you to provide your customers with a value-added service that helps your customers acquire equipment efficiently, and gives your company a competitive edge. And for the end user, we can help you to preserve working capital in your business, while benefiting now from the use of the equipment.
Our team is known as industry leaders. We’ve earned our reputation through consistent delivery of financing programs with the most efficient transaction process and superior customer service. With the largest direct sales force within the Canadian market, it’s no wonder our customer service is unparalleled.
Purpose of the Job:
The incumbent is responsible for leading the Meridian OneCap (MOCC) Customer Service team, while sustaining overall operational efficiency and effectiveness. He/She will oversee the delivery of customer service to both front-end and back-end clients such as brokers, vendors, account managers, other peers and lessees as end-users.
The incumbent is responsible for managing the administrative processes necessary for delivering the desired customer experience. This includes developing and maintaining department policies and procedures, ensuring adherence to Terms & Conditions of leases, loans and equipment rental agreements, and meeting financial objectives related to End of Term goals and fee-generating income; coordinator for the insurance programs; as well as achieving other objectives related to customer service, human resource management and operational effectiveness. As the leader of the customer service team, the incumbent also has the primary responsibility for hiring, training and coaching each of the Customer Service team members.
1. Lead the delivery of customer service and the promotion fee-generating income process by:
Developing a clear understanding of the Customer Service's financial and non-financial goals
Demonstrating the expected service level standards during customer interactions
Motivating the team to understand opportunities for and seek fee-generating income through activities related to the End of Term asset disposal processes, lease add-on proposals, trade-ups, and the purchase of optional insurance.
planning and leading service meetings, service coaching sessions and service skill building sessions
Monitoring recorded customer concerns and resolving escalated concerns and issues
Authorizing end of term disposals for exceptions outside of guidelines
2. Lead and develop the Customer Service team by:
Providing direction, guidance and support to team members
Establishing and monitoring goals for direct reports
Recognizing and rewarding success and managing non-performance
Developing and obtaining agreement on individualized development plans for all direct reports
Resolving issues/negotiating compromises between team members
Recruiting, hiring, and promoting team members in accordance with standard policies
3. Manage the quality and efficiency of Customer Service operations by:
Delegating and ensuring workloads are completed per designated monthly accounting schedules, and meet legal timelines for replying to external requests
Ensuring Customer Service procedures and policies are current and effective
Monitoring ‘Potential Missed Buyouts’ report and ‘3-month No Accounts Receivable Report’, ensuring reasonable explanations exist for any variances of the latter
Monitoring the interaction and commitments with departments interacting with Customer Service Representatives
Monitoring and taking action on deficiencies with Customer Service templates, forms
Tracking workloads and ensuring customer service staffing levels/work schedules meet customer service demands, adjusting as required
Timely escalation of issues/obstacles/trends to direct supervisor
4. Support compliance with regulatory guidelines by:
Ensuring Customer Service team compliance to leasing non-disclosure, front face adherence to the lessee per Broker agreements, and to Right of Refusal for vendors
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Adhering to and ensuring team members' compliance with Know Your Customer requirements
- Tracking all stolen or lost assets to ensure completion of payouts from clients and Meridian OneCap’s Automatic Insurance Program
- Verifying pre-rewrite of all equipment swap/stolen/or lost asset conditions are met
- Reporting immediately any unusual occurrences or fraudulent activity and escalating issues/deficiencies/trends to the Compliance Officer and/or applicable supervisor as appropriate
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or related area or equal work experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in the customer service field.
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Knowledge of leasing industry from a basic contracts and servicing perspective; preference for familiarity with the concept of direct as well as indirect and brokered financing.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate employees.
- Flexibility to work longer hours on short notice as business demands.
- The incumbent services customers on a national basis and, therefore, a bilingualism (French and English) is required.
- Good voice tone and the ability to articulate on the phone are vital.
- Proficient in major Windows based PC software packages including work processing (Microsoft Word) and spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel).
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to delight your clients!
- Did you know our leadership team has worked in the Canadian finance industry for a combined 120 years?
- Dress for your day! Be comfortable when you can!
- This is not your typical "corporate" job. We work hard and we have fun!
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes base salary, a performance bonus, vacation, personal &sick days, personal development funding, paternity/maternity leave top-ups and much more.
Meridian is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation, we will partner with you to meet your needs.