Who We Are:
For over 100 years, The Elliott Community has had the privilege of providing care to citizens of Guelph and surrounding area. The Elliott offers a range of services to tailor care for each resident at every stage of life, including Long Term Care, Retirement, Life Lease and Respite Care. As a not for profit, charitable organization, we are dedicated to providing the highest quality of life for our residents, The Elliott has a unique philosophy formed on family values.
The Food Service Worker serves quality, nutritious meals, to our residents ensuring that each resident is provided their individual nutritional requirements as outlined by the Registered Dietician. This position must ensure compliance with the dietary services section of the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care Facilities Program.
- Creates a positive dining experience by preparing the dining room for meals
- Plates and serves meals to our residents
- Use Kardex, daily to ensure they are in compliance with the regulations of the MOHLTC providing residents’ diet, special needs and food/beverage preferences.
- Performs dish ware-washing duties
- Maintains a clean and sanitized work area
- Prepares nourishment cart
- Possesses a Food Service Worker Certificate or in process of completion (within 2 years)
- Students in the Applied Human Nutrition Program
- Safe Food Handling Certificate and commitment to maintain/renew based on Public Health’s requirements.
- Vulnerable Sector Search Criminal Record Check.
- Able to work independently and part of a team.
- Must be able to work, days, evenings, and weekends as required.
Requirements of the Job:
Hours: Full Time hours- 75 hours bi-weekly including alternate weekends and STAT holidays.
While we have an immediate need, the successful candidate must demonstrate a commitment to The Elliott Community's mission and values. We offer a flexible work environment, competitive compensation package and participation in the OMERS pension plan and extended health and dental benefits for qualifying staff.
In support of persons with disabilities, The Elliott Community asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. ( In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards ). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 519 822 0491.
As a health care institution, our highest priority is the safety of residents, staff and families. As a result, we are adopting all prevention measures to ensure the safety of our residents, staff and families. Therefore, any offer of employment is conditional upon you submitting proof that you have been fully vaccinated with a Health Canada or World Health Organization (WHO) approved COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible and no later than fourteen (14) calendar days prior to the effective start date, in addition to maintaining your fully vaccinated status on an ongoing basis, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation. If a candidate fails to satisfy this condition (or any other condition(s) set out in an offer), any offer of employment shall be immediately rescinded.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $21.37 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Application deadline: 2022-07-08