Your challenge is here!
Reporting to the Controller, the Financial Analyst is tasked with supporting their manager in making business decisions and establishing business strategies. You draw on your expertise in preparing the statutory reports and analyses required to prepare financial statements. You also contribute to your sector’s operational and administrative efficiency.
Why work at Cascades
- Work-life balance (telecommuting, flexible hours);
- Group insurance & pension plan with company contributions, after 3 months of service;
- Internal and external training available;
- Accessible gym space and/or financially covered sports activities;
- Profit sharing plan, available after 1 year of service;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Training center;
- Long-term career management plan;
- Work environment focused on sharing knowledge and valuing individual and team success;
- Contribute to the success of a Quebec-based, multinational, environmentally responsible company.
The Senior Financial Analyst will have the following responsibilities:
- Maintain an active role in daily activities to assist production, inventory management
- Assist with month end, quarter end and year end
- Assist with monthly reporting and budgeting
- Comply with SOX requirements
- Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data
- Determine cost of operations by establishing standard cost, collecting operational data
Your baggage and your strengths
The Senior Financial Analyst will possess several of the following qualifications and skills:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Ability to address issues and problems by proposing solutions
- Ability to overcome ambiguities and complex situations
- Support and advise business partners to find solutions
- Act quickly while being able to multitask and taking the lead on different files
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Proficiency in Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of SAP software or other ERP (an asset)
The Senior Financial Analyst will be working in Candiac, but will be supporting Scappoose’s plant, in Oregon.
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner. Use of the masculine in our communications refers equally to both women and men.
To be part of Cascades is to reveal the full potential of materials, people and ideas. We are source of possibilities. Since 1964, we have been providing sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in packaging, hygiene and recovery.
Join 12,000 women and men working in a network of more than 90 operating units located in North America and Europe.
Job Segment: Financial, Telecom, Telecommunications, Financial Analyst, ERP, Finance, Technology